Visit Planning Specialist
Company: Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Ctr.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Description GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Visit Planning Specialist
is responsible for managing population health databases in order to
close the potential gaps in care within the Whitney Young Health
(WYH) patient population. These gaps may be disease specific, such
as diabetes or heart disease; or they may be standard of care, such
as well child physicals and immunizations; or other identified
gaps. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize the population health mining tools available within the
electronic health record or from outside insurance companies,
agencies or vendors; such as CDPHP, the local regional health
information organization (HIXNY), Azara, etc.
- Create patient database lists on a regularly scheduled basis
for routine calls and follow up.
- Following disease specific or standard of care clinical
- Run reports to obtain patient names for contact
- Collate information from various sources to determine current
health status of patient
- Identify gaps in care and determine next steps to address
- Contact patients and follow through to ensure compliance
- Communicate with provider and team as needed throughout the
- Identify and link patients with community resources to
facilitate referrals and respond to social service needs
- Assist patients with the process of determining eligibility,
obtaining and maintaining free pharmaceuticals through the Patient
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to
the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g., request
interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or
- Identify and utilize cultural and community resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with identified service
- Ensure timely documentation in Electronic Health Records
- Participate in Performance Improvement/Continuous Quality
Improvement activities, as assigned
- Demonstrate excellence in both internal and external customer
- Understand and effectively communicate HIPAA compliance,
corporate compliance and client confidentiality
- Ensure and/or remain in compliance with local, state, and
- Adhere to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by Joint
Commission and adopted by Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Services
- Complete other duties as assigned Requirements MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate / Equivalent with three (3)
years' experience in a health care setting. Able to take and follow
through with delegated tasks and accountability. Strong written and
verbal communication skills. Proven data analysis skills, proven
organizational abilities. Beginner to intermediate proficiency with
Microsoft Office suite. Ability to demonstrate excellent customer
service and strong cultural competency. Ability to adhere to strict
confidentiality guidelines. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associates
degree and two (2) years' experience working with patients with
chronic conditions or care coordinator in a medical setting.
Licensed Professional Nurse or Certified Medical Assistant.
Bilingual. Experience with public speaking and group training. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected statuses.
Keywords: Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Ctr., Albany , Visit Planning Specialist, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!