Pay starts at $21.68
Logistics done differently.
As the Freight Classification Specialist Lead, your attention to
the small details and strong work ethic will ensure our operations
continue to run smoothly and that our customers receive superior
service. You'll review each shipment transported and provide a
continuous systemwide check of the accuracy of commodity
descriptions based on the Bill of Lading (BOL) furnished by our
customers. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity with a
dynamic company, join us at XPO.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Review inspection reports to identify potential inspection
- Conduct inspections of shipments on the dock utilizing handheld
- Review BOL and billing descriptions to verify accuracy
- Gather information related to the shipment, including
dimensions, pictures and commodity characteristics
- Research commodity information using the National Motor Freight
Classification (NMFC) for applicable description and class
- Issue document corrections based on the applicable provisions
from the NMFC
- Upload documents/pictures into the image system for review by
Account Executives and customers
- Maintain the reports necessary to measure corrections activity
and revenue recovery
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of work or military experience
- Ability to explain and document classification corrections for
all involved parties
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Ability to effectively navigate the internet using specific
keywords for research
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days,
nights, and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of NMFC provisions, including rules and
- Weights and inspections experience
- Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry knowledge and
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50
lbs. frequently and greater than 50 lbs. occasionally)
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Albany
Job Segment: Logistics, Supply Chain, Supply, Inspector,
Apply now "