Technical Director 1
Company: TIme Warner Cable
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Posting Job Description
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and
driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering,
producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a
24-hour news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with
relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news
and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter
Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most
essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and
thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour news network which
requires employees who are flexible and available to work various
shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and
Being on our team means You're ready to inspire and be inspired!
You're passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to
flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely
accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and
abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local
communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an
ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive
attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to
multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under
What we're looking for: Spectrum Networks is looking for a
Technical Director who is responsible for the technical aspects of
production of live and recorded television news and/or sports
content from multiple control rooms, studios and/or remote
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Technical direct and/or direct the audio and visual portions of
live and recorded television through the use of automated
- Collaborate with editorial and technical personnel to produce
high quality, compelling content.
- Work with operations and production leaders and engineering
staff to continually refine workflows, creating new efficiencies
and capabilities and providing feedback on control room
- Document technical procedures and processes.
- Assist in training the production staff.
- Notify the editorial team in a timely manner of any potential
- Operate robotic camera controls and audio mixing console.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Communicate issues in a written report.
- Set-up and maintain studio equipment.
- Lead production team assigned for live or recorded news or
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight
deadlines and in pressure situations
- Ability to work as a leader in the control room
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and
interact with all personnel within the organization
- Displays proficient technical skills across all operating
positions within the control room and adheres to high production
- Technical aptitude and experience with television control room
and studio production technology including video switchers, audio
mixers, character generators, robotic camera controls, production
automation systems, newsroom editorial software
- Understanding of patching and signal flow
- Competent understanding/skills related to shot composition,
lighting and aesthetics
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with
the ability to clearly communicate solutions
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, ability to
handle criticism, even temperament and a positive approach to
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Dependable, a self-starter and operate consistently with a high
degree of accuracy
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in television
production, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years production environment
- 2+ years Technical Directing
Keywords: TIme Warner Cable, Albany , Technical Director 1, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!