Hydrovac Operator CDL - Albany, NY - Immediate Opening
Company: Badger Daylighting
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our Albany, NY location is currently looking for Hydrovac
Operators with their CDL A or B licence to join the team. Our
Hydrovac Operators drive and operate our specialized on-board
hydro-vacuum system, while providing safe, customer-focused
services to our customers.
The job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks
being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50
plus hours. Travel for short term out of town work assignments
and/or training is to be expected. Training will be provided for
people with a desire to succeed.
This position is in a region that is covered under a collective
bargaining agreement; the successful applicant may be required to
join the union as a condition of employment.
To become familiar with "A Day in the Life at Badger" please
visit Badger's Careers Page.
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the
truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization and
general maintenance of the equipment.
- Always communicate effectively and professionally and to
demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all
- Lead and direct personnel to perform duties/tasks in a safe,
timely, and efficient manner.
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises
perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always
completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Use Company provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing and
time and attendance
- Properly document all Company, Federal, State, and Customer
paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear
and legible manner.
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related
industrial experience preferred.
- Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment
screening, which includes criminal background check, MVR history
and DOT drug screen. CDL drivers must have a current, valid DOT
- Must have a minimum CDL A or B license; with an acceptable
driving record. Tanker endorsement required.
- OSHA10 safety certification is required. (If applicant does not
hold this certification, Badger will pay for computer-based
training with applicant completing on-line course within 5 days of
hiring. Certification is the property of the applicant.)
- Safety certifications preferred (eg. First Aid/CPR, Fall
Protection, Confined Space).
- Experience in a labour-intensive position and working outside
in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused
- Mechanical inclination is an asset.
Physical Demands Requirements
- Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and
instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat,
kneel, reach and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended
periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for
some clients when applicable.
- Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary
platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable
About Badger Daylighting
Badger Daylighting is North America's leading provider of
non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. We are publicly
traded company, listed on the TSX ('BAD'). Badger traditionally
works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil
and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and
commercial construction industries. We have been designing and
manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years,
continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of
the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum
trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian
Badger is a leader in the Hydrovac and environmental services
industry because of our great people and their customer focus. Be
part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find
innovative ways to solve problems.
Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an incredible work
environment, training and career advancement opportunities. We
offer a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health,
Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings
Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internal applicants are reminded
to discuss their intention to apply with their supervisor before
Keywords: Badger Daylighting, Albany , Hydrovac Operator CDL - Albany, NY - Immediate Opening, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!