Medical Assistant - Albany NY Full Time
Company: St. Peters Health Partners
Posted on: June 12, 2021
MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Pulmonary & Critical Care - Albany, Full
If you are looking for a Medical Assistant position in Albany,
full-time, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's
Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places. This
position will be located at 5 Palisades Drive, Albany.
- Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition
allowance and career development
- Work/Life: Monday - Friday Office Hours
What you will do:
Clinical and Clerical responsibilities in a Physicians Practice,
with hands-on clinical responsibilities.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in the
preparation, examination and treatment of patients under the
direction of the physician. Appropriately and professionally,
assist physician and patients during the examination. Assist with
front desk duties when necessary.
- Escorts patient to exam room, takes appropriate vital signs and
documents all necessary health information into the electronic
- Responds to patients concerns appropriately.
- Completes referrals and obtains pre-authorizations for
- Follows proper protocol for collection and delivery of
- Completes incoming patient forms and ensures forms are scanned
into the electronic medical record if applicable.
- Uses Universal Precautions with all encounters. Knows and
follows procedure for handling occurrences involving exposure to
blood or other body fluid.
- Documents all exposure incidents per St Peter's Health Partners
Medical Associates policy.
- Notifies physician regarding patients in need of physician
- Ensures that patient exam rooms are stocked and cleaned at all
- Follows office protocol to ensure adequate supplies are ordered
- Performs office testing with appropriate training and within
scope of practice.
- Handles medical waste appropriately.
- Provides educational materials to patients.
- Provides patients with electronic copy of medical record.
- If applicable perform front-end functions to insure achievement
of established revenue cycle metrics, consistent with excellence
standards and practice workflows:
- Scheduling and registration
- Charge entry/claims
- End of day processes
- General duties including but not limited to:
- Document processing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: St. Peters Health Partners, Albany , Medical Assistant - Albany NY Full Time, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!