Senior Credit Analyst
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Evaluate and determine the credit risks of commercial and cre
clients through detailed financial statement analysis, industry
assessment, collateral valuation, cash flow analysis and the
ability to repay annual debt service.
- Thorough understanding of the following critical
analysis-related factors: complex credit, transaction and capital
structures; complex organizational structures; most forms and
constructs of loan documentation; advanced accounting and applied
finance; most major industry and business operating models and
applicable analysis approaches; and collateral types and collateral
- Displays deep understanding of financial regulatory environment
as it applies to underwriting most forms of commercial credit
- In-depth knowledge of personal computers and related software
programs, including Moody's Risk Analyst, Microsoft Office suite,
with excellent Excel and Word skills required, including excellent
financial modeling proficiency.
- Ability to assist in the management of the department in the
- Responsible for the training of junior/newly hired Credit
- Review all pertinent credit and financial information,
including, but not limited to, financial statements, tax returns,
due diligence reports, credit bureaus, appraisals, internal credit
information, industry research and peer data.
- Determine the need for more thorough investigation or
additional information, and coordinate gathering of such
- Spread financial statements and prepare advanced financial
models designed to sensitize various conditions impacting the
- Analyze financial information and related materials, and
complete the credit analyses for the Bank's commercial
transactions. Analyses to include risk rating of credit and
compilation of accurate PD rationales. Written analyses to include
well-supported identification of and description of risks and
mitigants of respective deals.
- Present analysis or address questions during credit request
discussions or committee presentations, as requested.
- As requested, participate in the structuring of loan requests,
where appropriate, to include suggestions on terms, conditions,
controls, collateral and guarantors.
- Monitor credit policy compliance by verifying adherence to the
Commercial Credit Policy, and commenting on any risk associated
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
OR in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years higher
education and/or work experience
Minimum 5 years' prior experience in complex credit
underwriting,specialty underwriting or other complex financial
Albany, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Albany , Senior Credit Analyst, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!