HIAP Enrollment Specialist
Company: Alliance For Positive Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Summary: Provide outreach and education and facilitate
enrollments to ADAP/APIC and other public and private health care
coverage for people of color living with HIV/AIDS.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all
job duties and communications in accordance with HIPAA, Article
27-F, Alliance for Positive Health policies and procedures and
other applicable regulations. Observe and abide by HIPAA and the
HIV Confidentiality Law.
- Screen and assess persons living with HIV/AIDS for eligibility
for ADAP and/or other public and private health care coverage
programs. Provide follow-up services to ensure successful
enrollment into insurance.
- Ensure that service outcomes and documentation requirements are
met in accordance with agency Policies and Procedures and funder
- Collect, maintain, and report up to date client health
indicator, contact, and history data. Utilize indicator data to
address barriers and improve individual health outcomes.
- Assess client need for additional services; refer to services
including but not limited to case management, medical care, mental
health and substance abuse treatment, entitlements and housing.
Case conference with other agencies and Alliance for Positive
health staff regarding mutual clients. Follow up to assure
successful linkage to referred services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of one year of outreach,
education, case management and/or other relevant human services
experience or Associates Degree and two years human services
experience or public health education.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted drivers license and have a
vehicle to travel to designated appointment sites within a
- Knowledge of public and private health insurance programs
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds within
a climate of mutual respect, inclusion, enrichment, and growth.
Familiarity with and sensitivity to specialized needs of people
with HIV, substance abuse and mental health issues, people of
color, gay, lesbian and transgender individuals.
- Ability to provide clients with appropriate HIV/AIDS
- Familiarity with and ability to access community resources and
- Strong communication skills, including verbal ability, writing
style and active listening skills.
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills including
time management and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to provide strength-based, client-centered, proactive
services to the target demographic.
Employment Classification: Non-exempt; Full-time (37.5 hours).
Flexibility required; possible early morning, evening and weekend
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described (attached) are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Alliance For Positive Health, Albany , HIAP Enrollment Specialist, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!