Sales & Service Technician
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: July 21, 2021
TITLE: Sales & Service Technician
LOCATION: Northville, NY
UNION: IBEW 363, 318
INTERNAL POSTING DATES: 5/27/21 to 6/4/21
Tuesday-Saturday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Must perform telephone and high speed internet (data)
installation and repair, meeting quality standards and Company
- Must be able to work on subscriber carrier, paystations and key
systems with Company provided training.
- Must be able to do a full HSI installation (Business &
- Must be able to install modems, routers and wireless
- Must be able to load software.
- Must have working knowledge of personal computers and
- Must have a working knowledge of cable and cable
- Must be able to perform basic splicing (training will be
- Must be able to work when needed and in all types of
- Must inter act with work forces to coordinate and disseminate
information to complete job assignments and with other sections to
attain Company service objectives.
- Must maintain a professional image.
- Must support and participate in promotion of Company
- Must be physically able to perform duties of the job to
- Lifting tools and ladders.
- Set up ladder on house, pole and cable and climb to working
- Work in confined spaces.
- Climb pole using only climbers hooks to cable height after
Company provided training.
- Handle all necessary materials and supplies.
- Must be able to use a computer (laptop) show that you can log
on, log off, use windows, and get job assignments, sign off jobs,
and do timesheets using Company provided programs with Company
provided training by the end of the qualifying period.
- Must be able to work under pressure, handle stress and follow
- Must pass pole climbing during the qualifying period.
- Must perform other duties as assigned, provided the employee is
qualified to do so
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must meet weight requirement for the standard (ANSI, where
applicable) for all equipment provided by or available to the
Company, taking into account the weight of tools & apparel
- Must be physically fit to perform job (must be able to lift 80
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable
- Must have good oral and written communications skills.
- Must have an understanding of basic electricity by passing a
Company and/or IBEW 363 basic electricity test or a certificate
from an outside agency.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use a Volt OHM meter.
- Must be PC literate – working knowledge of office applications
- Must be able to work shifts, days, nights, evenings (depending
on tour selection) and work overtime and emergency call outs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Albany , Sales & Service Technician, Other , NORTHVILLE, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!