Medical Equipment Technician (Glens Falls, NY)
Company: Philips Electronics North America Corporation
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Medical Equipment Technician (Glens Falls, NY)
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a
field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive
additional information about the compensation and benefits for this
role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Multi-Vendor Services (MVS) Biomedical business as
an entry-level Medical Equipment Technician (MET), located onsite
at a customer facility in Glen Falls, NY. This role will
provide administrative support to the onsite biomedical team.
You will learn how to provide an outstanding customer experience,
become a viable team member, and quickly get up to speed with
technical expertise. This position will be responsible for
customer relationship management through the effective use of
technical knowledge to inspect, ship, and maintain low-risk
biomedical equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue;
adhere to state and federal regulatory requirements.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Work to learn and establish rapport with customers.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to
customers and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in the
identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the
appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer
entitlements, setting clear and realistic expectations, and meeting
commitments and arrival times. Begins to gain an
understanding of the customer’s business and competitive
- Ensure customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives
(measured as Net Promoter Score (NPS)); establish credibility and
- Focus on fixing customer issues as well as medical products;
interface with end-users, department managers, and supervisors on
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with the
- Adopt best practices to provide administrative support for the
- Proactively schedules activities & makes him/herself available
to assist others.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity
(i.e. may be required to become qualified in new device types,
learns new tools).
- Actively participates as a member of the regional work
- Puts the team ahead of individual needs and displays a positive
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously strives
to improve the team processes.
- Works on areas improving customer satisfaction and company
profitability. Keeps commitments – does not “pass the
- Open to and embraces change.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal
regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality,
and safety requirements.
- Manages company assets effectively in accordance with
established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time,
parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration,
purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips
and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work
orders, expense reports, preventative maintenance (PM), incoming
inspections, site and service documentation, and other related
- May attend factory training classes and apply lessons learned
through on the job training (OJT) and experience.
- Assist in the service call process and progress to the ability
to resolve customer issues independently.
- Assist in the completion of planned maintenance (PM), incoming
inspections, electrical safety checks, shipping/receiving for bench
repair items, and administrative database maintenance as needed
(e.g. attaching field service reports from third parties).
- Utilize tools, support, resources, and escalation processes
within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems
timely and effectively.
- May be required to perform equipment cleaning and distribution
based upon local site needs and entitlements.
You are part of
The Multi-Vendor Services Biomedical organization. You
will benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of
healthcare products and services portfolio, and you will be
challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top
customer experience ratings. In a “One Team” culture, you’ll
have the support of an intrinsically linked group of
multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of
making the world healthier and more sustainable. You will
contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which
will change the way we do business and make a difference for our
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills
- High school graduate or vocational certification in
electronics, biomedical equipment
servicing/engineering, or equivalent
combination of education and experience in the electronics
- Experience with biomedical equipment or administrative
backgrounds in a healthcare/medical setting preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and networking; PC competency to include
utilization of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and
networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment,
including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test
- Ability to understand and utilize technical vocabulary to
perform tasks according to either verbal or written
- Ability to display strong organizational and multi-tasking
skills, self-discipline, and autonomy to work independently in a
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex,
- Ability to effectively operate in a team-driven environment to
achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate, written and verbally, with various
levels of employees and customers.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving
record that is compliant with Philips’ Fleet Policy.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment, reporting to
the biomedical shop daily to perform repetitive tasks such as
routine PM and inspecting new equipment to deploy within the
- May require travel to customer sites other than assigned site,
zone office, or identified locations for meetings. Occasional
overnight stays and travel by air or train may be required for
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and
being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled
hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by
applicable state law.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require
customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory
overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical,
radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of
the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high
magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and
radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site
safety procedures is mandatory.
- May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment.
Occasional use of vibrating tools.
- Frequently using standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, and medical test equipment; regularly speaking, hearing,
and viewing computers.
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 20
pounds. Occasionally lifting or carrying up to 100 pounds,
with assistance available when lifting or carrying items over 50
- Frequently standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and extending
reach. Occasionally twisting and crawling. Regular
grasping and repetitive hand movements.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required
including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety
glasses, hard hats, hard toes shoes, and gloves.
- May be required to adhere to
certification/credentialing required by
the customer in connection with admission into its facilities to
perform job duties. Customer requirements may include, but
are not limited to, drug testing and immunizations as dictated by
the customer or facility policy.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues
in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your
strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for
Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working
environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive
salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you
can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The
company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this
position. Candidates need to live within the territory
or within commuting distance to Glen Falls, NY.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create
a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3
billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the
health continuum. Our people experience a
variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come
together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a
personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website,
where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn
about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the
frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability or perceived disability, genetic information,
citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship
or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and
other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any
other category protected by federal, state and/or local
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a
diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for
individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I
of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that
require accommodation in the job application process may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity
If you forgot your password, you can click
the Forgot Password button on the Sign In
screen to reset it.
Keywords: Philips Electronics North America Corporation, Albany , Medical Equipment Technician (Glens Falls, NY), Other , Latham, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!