If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a
field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive
additional information about the compensation and benefits for this
role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In the role you have the opportunity to:
Obtain a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for a
2nd Shift Welder. The Latham MR Magnets facility is a
manufacturing and development site for Magnetic Resonance Imaging
magnets and other superconducting products used in Philips Magnetic
Resonance Imaging and other customers. In this welding role you are
responsible for assembling and welding MRI Magnets.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following
skills and experience:
- Create high quality TIG welds and MIG welds
- Perform excellent vacuum leak tight TIG welds, on
- Ability to cut, bend, drill, tap, and similar operations as
required to fabricate intricate assemblies encountered in cryogenic
- Ability to read and understand drawings and supporting
- Demonstrated ability to use precision instruments
- Experience operating bridge cranes and forklift trucks
- Able to perform special assignments as required by the
- Must be able to read and write to follow our documentation
assembly procedures and sign off documentation as required.
- 1+ year welding experience and experience using mechanical
assembly tools is required
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Capable of lifting 30 pounds
- Capable of climbing
- Able to bend and twist body in various positions.
- Able to sit and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use two hands and two feet or equivalent to
perform the tig welding process.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with his or her
coworker during assembly procedures.
- Must have good vision to control the size of the weld puddle to
achieve high quality welds.
In return, we offer you:
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing
our manufacturing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this
role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long
term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also
believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours
as a person. Thus, we offer:
- Competitive health benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Sign on bonus
- Fitness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Climate controlled work environment
- Free parking
- Uniforms & safety shoe reimbursement
- Career Development opportunities
- Access to local well-being focused activities
Our benefits can be found here: https://www.careers.philips.com/na/en/total-rewards-at-philips.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a
calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work,
focused on improving 3 billion lives a year
by delivering innovative solutions across
the health continuum. Our
people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives
and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more
by watching this
To find out more about what it’s like working for
Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips
page on our career website, where you can
read stories from our employee blog. Once
there, you can also learn about our recruitment
process, or find answers to some of
the frequently asked
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment
and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived
disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military
status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected
veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or
domestic partner status, or any other category protected by
federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed
to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation
for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act
of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title
I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that
require accommodation in the job application process may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity
If you forgot your password, you can click
the Forgot Password button on the Sign In
screen to reset it.