Quality Control Inspection Technician
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based
or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional
information about the compensation and benefits for this role,
which we will provide upon request. You may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Perform visual and dimensional inspections of incoming raw
materials, subassemblies, tooling, and fixtures
according to written procedures and specifications.
Participate in validation and qualification activities. Assist with
calibration and problem solving.
You are responsible for:
- Participate with disposition team for non-conforming product
including proper transfers in / out of disposition areas.
- Update SAP as required to ensure timely and accurate inventory
- Ensure equipment used is within calibration and preventive
maintenance is completed before use.
- Accurately document QA test data and observations.
- Organize and summarize inspection/test results and prepare
reports utilizing good documentation practices.
- Review vendor’s certificate and inspection data to ensure
compliance with Philips specifications.
- Provide input for continuous improvement of inspection
procedures, specifications, and processes.
- Participate in internal, ISO and other audits.
- Initiate NCMR reports on nonconforming material and provide
support to Manufacturing when required.
- Assist in qualification/validation activities and perform
actions to resolve issues / implement corrective measures.
- Develop and conduct training with Quality Engineers and
Inspectors regarding testing methods and interpretation of test
- Convey raw material and product quality issues to
- Maintain working knowledge of all instruments used for routine
and non-routine sample testing and troubleshooting.
- Work with all teams internal and external to ensure work is
commensurate to standards, acceptance criteria and quality
- Ensure product evaluation complies with performance
requirements, grading, workmanship, and technical viability.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner that promotes cooperation with customers,
collaborators, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
You are a part of
The Latham Field Generating Units facility, which is a
manufacturing and development site for Magnetic Resonance Imaging
magnets used in Philips Magnetic Resonance Imaging and other
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills
- 5+ years manufacturing quality inspection experience (ie.
automotive, medical device, or other industry).
- Competent in portable arm coordinate measuring
machine (CMM) utilizing PC_DIMS software.
- Competent in hand measurement tools (ie. micrometer, height
gage, pi-tape, and others).
- Ability to perform surface plate measurements and layouts.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and expertise knowledge of
ASME Y14.5M (GD&T).
- Knowledge of materials, calibration, auditing, and auditing
- Knowledge of basic statistical terms and techniques, plotting
data and recognizing out-of-control conditions.
- Must understand types of measurements, terminology, and
- General understanding of ISO 9001 / ISO 17025 / Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Works well in a matrixed managed organization, communicate
- Knowledge of basic quality terms, definitions, and
- Must be able to use inspection planning tools and perform
product audits as required.
- Must understand the concept of traceability (product, material,
- Knowledge of the Deming Cycle (PDCA) and must be flexible and
able to work well in team environment.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing
our manufacturing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this
role in a complex environment will open many doors for your
long-term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also
believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours
as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible
work schedule and access to local well-being focused
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create
a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3
billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the
health continuum. Our people experience a
variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come
together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a
personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website,
where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn
about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of
the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived
disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military
status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected
veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or
domestic partner status, or any other category protected by
federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a
diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for
individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I
of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that
require accommodation in the job application process may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click
the Forgot Password button on the Sign In
screen to reset it.