Clinical Account Manager
Company: Magellan Health
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Plays a key role in various multi-functional projects critical
to the company in achieving its clinical and operational goals and
objectives. Develops, implements and monitors clinical specialty
programs in the field. Serves as clinical liaison for assigned
Pharmacy contract(s). Manages overall client relationship.
Participates in the development of clinical management products and
services. Activities address impact on customers, operations,
program integrity, pricing, quality and satisfaction. Develops and
tracks the appropriate metrics to monitor the quality and care cost
impact of the client's program. Requires communication across all
departments, an understanding of the strategic impact of the
program(s) for the company, knowledge of how the specialty programs
integrate with other clinical initiatives, and expertise with data
- Leads the development of clinical program enhancements and
- Assists with development, enhancement, and maintenance of
operational functions, policy and clinical support and provider
- Develops, implements, and monitors project plan requirements
and timelines, ensures all necessary support, tools and technology
are available, and follows up as needed. Meets with business
process owners and other appropriate personnel to identify the
project's goals, objectives, critical success factors, and success
- Works closely with teams to ensure consistent delivery of
approved programs to their client.
- Ensures operations are standardized at the fullest extent
- Provides overall project coordination for the contract's
clinical and operational functions.
- Oversees and coordinates implementation of new specialty
programs and serves as liaison between the company and customers as
- Assists in modifying implementation approaches within budget
and operational framework.
- Revenue Generation - Works jointly with Account Manager to
ensure revenue goals, administrative expenses are managed.
- Develops strong relationships with key contacts at client
- Develops strong relationships and contacts within the company
that are supportive of the achievement of increased revenue
- Supports other functions as requested throughout the program
development lifecycle including finance, outcomes, communications
- Communicates frequently, either by phone or in person, with
client to report program progress.
- Establishes priorities and maintains positive client
- Responds to client's requests for information.
- Assesses, investigates and resolves difficult issues to achieve
- Maintains contract's Preferred Drug List.
- Responsible for oversight of all program reporting.
- Ensures standard and ad hoc reports are provided accurately and
- Supports the State Drug Utilization Review Boards and Pharmacy
and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, direct, control and
monitor project activities. - Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform basic financial analysis.5+ years in clinical
operations, quality, network, pharmacy or project management.
Project management experience and knowledge of health plans
required. Provider experience preferred.
Clinical Account Manager
Marketing, Pharmacy, Project/Program Management
Bachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD: Pharmacy
Certifications - Required
RPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
Certifications - Preferred
PharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Albany , Clinical Account Manager, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!