Company: Elderwood at North Creek
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join Our Team: Dramatically Increased Wages! Overview: Are you
organized? Are you caring, compassionate and have a great attitude?
We want to talk with you. Elderwood at North Creek is looking for a
FT Unit Clerk! Starting rate of $15/hour plus more for experience!
This position is located in North Creek, NY. Unit Clerk team
members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our
residents by providing administrative and clinical support. The
Unit Clerk is responsible for coordinating proper placement of
documents in Medical Record; performing administrative duties for
assigned units; assist with inventory and requisitioning of nursing
supplies, forms and stock medications; schedule various
appointments, laboratory or other diagnostic needs. Employee
Perks!: Dramatically Increased Wages!, Free Hot and Iced Coffee,
Free On-Site Parking, Generous PTO & holiday package, Increased
Wages, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance,
Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!
Responsibilities: Unit Clerk Responsibilities:
- Audit Medical Records of residents on assigned unit for proper
order, completeness and --thinning-- of charts.
- Close Medical Record following the hospitalization or permanent
discharge of the resident.
- Perform other medical record procedures under the direction of
the Unit Manager.
- Uphold all rules pertaining to protection, safekeeping and
confidentiality of information regarding residents.
- Assist Medical Records Coordinator with preparation of
Admission/Discharge Summary form.
- Type organizational lists and perform other secretarial
functions for the unit, such as answering phones.
- Distribute mail to residents and staff of unit.
- Answer call light signals, direct or assist as
- Coordinate the preparation of forms and documents needed
periodically for Medical Records and Treatment Books, Resident Care
Planning meetings, and MDS assessments. This includes aide
assignment sheets, ROM/Ambulation Records, skin and behavior
- Coordinate obtaining of information from all disciplines for
Inter-disciplinary Discharge Summary, and sending information to
appropriate destination in a timely manner.
- Inventory and requisition supplies needed on the nursing unit,
including nursing treatment supplies and printing of forms, as
- Schedule Podiatry and Dental Consultant appointments for
residents; assist with scheduling of the influenza vaccinations, if
- Maintain lab report schedule for admission, routine and annual
requirements or special needs of residents. Complete appropriate
forms and schedule appointments for lab draws.
- Assist with obtaining statistics for nursing monthly report and
for annual survey by New York State Health Department.
- Maintain an up-to-date listing of physician visits and notify
Attending Physicians of due date for visits, as required.
- Photograph residents upon admission and places picture in
- Assist with obtaining of room labels for resident rooms.
Qualifications: Unit Clerk Qualifications:
- Minimum of 16 years of age required; HS diploma or equivalent
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for applicable
- Office practice skills necessary
- Knowledge of medical records processing preferred but not
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work required
- Personal qualities of tact and dependability, caring and
compassionate attitude toward residents
- An understanding of need for confidentiality and discretion in
processing of information about residents required.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and accepted
abbreviations. Elderwood expects all current and new employees to
be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical
exemption from vaccination. EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for
positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at North Creek, Albany , Unit Clerk, Other , Minerva, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!