Local Seasonal General Manufacturing
Location: Hudson Falls
Posted on: January 15, 2022
As a worldwide marketing solutions partner our goal is to help
our clients win every day. We use our data-driven, integrated
marketing platform, with a strong foundation in print, to help
clients reduce complexity, increase efficiency and enhance
marketing spend effectiveness. We've built a rich history by
believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and take
charge of their own success. Whether you're an operator, sales
representative, a graphic artist or a clinician, we're all driven
to perform at our best - for ourselves and our clients. We're a
company with a soul and a belief that we can always create a better
Are you ready for a New and Fun career where we will train you to
become a printer?Quad is aggressively seeking reliable, hardworking
Seasonal Employees who are interested in learning and growing in
the printing industry. In this position, you will work on a team in
the creation of various well known magazines/catalogs/newspaper
inserts and other related products. You will work in the production
areas of Press or Finishing. You will be on shift, working 36/48
per week, working days or nights for the summer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Remove product from the end of the printing press .
- Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto
pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or
into mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big
Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing
up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
QualificationsThe successful candidate will be able to do the
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Factory, Manufacturing or other work experience where
mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer,
machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse, etc.
- Printing, Finishing (Bindery) or Warehouse experience is
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal
- The ability to use a computer
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls
(-30 -60lbs) as needed
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles
ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48" in height
and transfer to table top work surface 42", and then place into a
collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated
- Ability to follow instructions and work independentlyAdditional
- 12 hour shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days
a week.Additional Company InformationWe offer excellent benefits to
eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and
more.Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any
other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and
employees based on any of these protected categories.
Keywords: Quad, Albany , Local Seasonal General Manufacturing, Other , Hudson Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!