Machine Operator 2nd Shift
Company: Ametek, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This role is a skilled role responsible for setting up and running
CNC equipment to machine or fabricate a variety of precision
components to specifications by following drawings, work
instructions and in-process inspection requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operation of various manual and CNC equipment such as CNC lathes,
milling and drilling machines, to machine or fabricate components
for final assembly.
* Read, Write, understand, and edit G code programming for a
variety of CNC machines.
* Set up, adjust, and operate machine tools and many specialized or
advanced variation tools to perform precision machining
* Mount, align and secure work holding, cutting tools, attachments,
accessories, and materials onto machines.
* Load parts and cycle machine to ensure optimal efficiency and
* Machine work holding for replacement tooling and or new product
/work with engineering tool design.
* Basic shop math calculations work to tight tolerances.
* Iinterpret part drawings and process instructions.
* Measure and inspect part features per drawing to ensure
conformance and detect defects using precision instruments using
basic gaging and inspection tools (i.e. Dial Calipers, Gage Pins,
* Recognize and understand nonconformance, work with engineering
and quality dept to resolve issues.
* Record information or data describing work performed or defects
* Follow all safety policies and procedures, including required
* Work overtime as required (mandatory at times) by the
* Maintain established standards of quality, productivity &
* Able to work in a high-volume production environment.
* Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications / Education /Experience:
* High School degree or GED Certificate
* Equivalent experience minimum 5 years on the job training.
* Machining / Manufacturing experience required.
* Certified and proficient in Mastercam and Solid works a must.
* High School degree or GED Certificate and equivalent experience
(On the Job Training)
* Familiar with Mil specifications in the aerospace industry.
* Familiar with ISO 9000 requirements
* Driven and self-motivated, effective verbal and written
* Flexible/adaptable in a changing environment
* Ability to take constructive feedback on opportunities.
* Displays good judgement - quality & safety.
* Ability to learn and apply new skills.
* Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
AMETEK is a highly technical manufacturing company made up of 40
industry leading companies. Our mission is to solve our customers'
most challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions.
We employee 18,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries. AMETEK
(NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com
for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who
need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any
part of the employment process should call 1-866) 263-8359.
Nearest Major Market: Kingston
Keywords: Ametek, Inc., Albany , Machine Operator 2nd Shift, Other , Woodstock, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!