Company: SBM Management
Location: East Durham
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SBM Management is searching for a Recycle Technician! The
Recycle Technician will keep assigned recycle and reuse material
areas clean and in an orderly condition.Responsibilities
- Collect, salvage, and sort reusable or recyclable materials or
waste materials such as: Paper, Carboard, Packing Materials, Scrap
Metal, Glass ETC.
- Use Equipment such as: Compactors, Vertical Balers, Forklift,
Tuggers, Shredders, ETC.
- Work with ropaks, gaylords, iatas, gondolas and other
- Inspects materials and sorts items or materials according to
type, size, condition, coloring, marking, or other
- Weighs materials and containers and keeps records of total
amount of waste collected
- Sweep and pick up trash from around dumpsters, utility
courtyards, and fence lines.
- Monitor hazardous waste collection areas or handle hazardous
waste occasionally (less than 33% of day).Qualifications
- Appearance - Wear the SBM standard uniform, and have good
- Attitude - Having a positive, friendly approachable demeanor.
Be respectful and make eye contact.
- Responsiveness - Responding positively to requests in a timely
manner. Take initiative and pride in your work.
- Equipment & Closets - Maintaining your equipment and closest
with organization and care.
- Six months to one year recycling in a company environment or
equivalent experience and/or training.
- Prefer H.S. diploma or GED or equivalent combination of
training and experience.
- Completed all safety and task training certifications
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, co-workers,
contactor's, and team members.Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Keywords: SBM Management, Albany , Recycle Tech, Other , East Durham, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!