Auto Glass Repair Specialist
Posted on: January 16, 2022
You've probably never thought about working with vehicle glass
for a living - you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all
sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical
experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service
mindset, we'll teach you the rest.
The Repair Specialist, which we hire year-round and seasonally,
performs vehicle glass repairs whenever a glass replacement is not
required. Our paid, formal training program teaches everything
needed to complete these specialized repairs, regardless of any
prior mechanical experience.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly pay and bonus opportunities
- Paid time off, holidays, paid volunteer days and a belief in
- 401(k) plan with company matching to build your nest-egg
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be
- An actual marketplace to meet your health, wealth, life and
legal needs - https://www.safelitebenefits.com
What You'll Do
- Learn to repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on)
with a focus on the Safelite Way of Fitting under the guidance of
experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Repair chips, cracks and other auto glass related issues on
- Manage work orders, customer documentation and customer
communication through the Safelite handheld Mobile Resource
Management (MRM) technology.
- Clean customer vehicle during wait/idle time during the repair
process as well as perform additional housekeeping tasks in company
vehicle and shop.
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to
and from customer locations.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- On-the-job training/completion of Safelite SafeTech---
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety,
cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for
short periods, working at elevated heights, remaining on your feet
for extended periods.
Your Rights: To review and consider your application, Safelite
Group collects personal information. To understand what is
collected and why, carefully review the Applicant Privacy Notice
presented during your online application. We value our diverse
workforce and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
don't discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local,
state or federal law. Upon request and consistent with applicable
laws, we'll provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities who need assistance in the application/hiring
Notification to Agencies: Safelite Group does not accept and will
not pay commissions for unsolicited resumes or outreach from
third-party recruiters or agencies. Absent a signed MSA and
approval from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific
requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party for
Keywords: Safelite, Albany , Auto Glass Repair Specialist, Other , Oneonta, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!