Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Type of Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain:NoneSuitability:No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other
Required:NoneJob Family:Web DevelopmentJob Description:General
Dynamics IT (GDIT) is looking for a passionate, highly skilled,
self-motivated, and experienced UI/UX Designer to join our team as
we continue to partner with New York State of Health (NYSoH) to
provide comprehensive health coverage to more than 4.5 million New
Yorkers.Our GDIT State & Local LLC team provides NYS with
innovative and agile health benefit exchange (HBE) solutions that
deliver the functionality required to comply by the Patient
Protection and Affordable Care Act and provide the flexibility
needed to easily scale up to support future requirements.Where you
come in:The UI/UX Designer will work closely with the Client,
Requirements Team, Development Team, App Architecture and other
stakeholders to design and deliver highly intuitive and functional
end-to-end user experiences. Must be comfortable in front of the
client, and be an effective user-advocate and mediator when
communicating new or complex UI solutions.The candidate will
possess a strong grasp of logical content modelling and managing
website content in a scalable manner. We are migrating our content
to Contentstack CMS and will value candidates who have experience
with this or similar solutions. The candidate will have an eye for
clean and artful design, possess superior UI knowledge, and be able
to translate high-level requirements into effective design
artifacts, such as task flows, wireframes, and prototypes. They
will iterate ideas efficiently, and transform those concepts into
high-fidelity, production-ready mockups.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Five + years of IT experience
- Four (4) or more years of UX and UI design experience.
- Solid experience in creating user / task flows, UI wireframes,
and high-fidelity mockups.
- Mastery of vector-based visual design tools such as Adobe
Illustrator, Adobe XD, Figma, or Sketch is a must.
- Proficiency with sharing experiences using off-the-shelf
prototyping tools such as InVision, XD, or Figma.
- Strong affinity for content modelling and principles of
- Experience managing digital content, especially using
off-the-shelf Content Management/WCM/DX platforms.
- Awareness of modern application development practices and
front-end frameworks such as Angular, Vue, and React and how they
impact high/low-level design strategy and decision making.
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients to understand use
cases, various actors within the system, and design complete user
experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing
methodologies, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and
- Up-to-date with the latest UX and UI trends, techniques, and
- Ability to make well-considered strategic design decisions
regarding new functions and features.
- Comfortable receiving and giving feedback and constructive
Bonus Points For:
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS + CSS Frameworks, and
- First-hand experience with Adobe XD.
- Candidates who have experience designing complex solutions, and
in the health / health insurance space.Scheduled Weekly
Hours:40Travel Required:NoneTelecommuting Options:HybridWork
Location:USA NY RensselaerAdditional Work Locations:COVID-19
Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to
all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees
and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require
employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the
federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are
GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government,
defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver.
Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical
missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in,
integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is
safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside
our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the
technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed
to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics, Albany , UI/UX Designer, Other , Rensselaer, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!