First Press Operator
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment
and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad s
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class
automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital,
gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of
options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by
innovative, interesting days, you ll find hard work is good work,
and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something
shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently seeking First Press Operators for the Saratoga
Springs, NY facility.
$2,000 Sign-On & Retention Bonus for all Full-Time Manufacturing
Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while
guiding crew to meet and exceed production standards while
maintaining customer quality requirements.
- Keep accurate records of all delay time during shift.
- Adhere to all current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Know set-up and maintenance procedures for entire press
- Ability to troubleshoot unit and folder problems with minimum
- Ability to troubleshoot reel and stacker problems with minimum
- Attain and maintain proper ink and water balance
- Keep ongoing list of maintenance issues to be addressed during
next scheduled maintenance, one list for all crews
- Direct crew to specific duties during scheduled
- Check and set rollers, change if necessary
- Communicate with Supervisors on any problems developing to help
determine the best time to correct and prioritize
- Read entire job ticket; special instructions, ink colors, paper
brand, basis weight, etc.
- Perform needed maintenance during any delay time
- Knowledge of post folder equipment and proper set up
- Plan ahead for 2-color and 4-color make ready, allow ink levels
to run down
- Monitor and maintain constant ink densities per customer
- Attend all Operators meetings
- Generate constant feeling of urgency, when press is down, to
maintain production requirements
- Continue learning new and improved processes to achieve
- Work safely while demanding your crew to work safely
- Responsible for promoting, enforcing and sustaining Portland s
Safety, 6S and Lean programs and look for ways to improve the
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of other
Pressroom personnel and assisting Supervisors in documenting and
improving procedures and processes by offering ideas and
- Assist Supervisors in providing feedback for employee
- Facilitate teamwork on crews and between shifts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ Years Press experience
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more repeatedly.
- Able to stand for 12 hours.
- Detailed knowledge of offset printing process
- Ability to read, write and perform math operations.
- Ability to distinguish colors accurately
- Ability to apply written and verbal instructions for machine
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to interact and guide crew members
- Must demonstrate reliability through attendance, punctuality
and ability to stay in work area.
- Must be able to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude. Ability to work overtime as
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including
401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
Company s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any
other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and
employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Quad, Albany , First Press Operator, Other , Corinth, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!