Principal Visual & Interaction Designer
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Principal Visual & Interaction Designer
We are looking for a seasoned Principal Visual & Interaction
Designer with a rich background in
Visual Design, UI, and IXD to drive creative direction for
Pearson's eCommerce sites. We are
seeking a strong leader with management experience, excellent
presentation skills, and the unique
talent of finding ways for each team member to shine.
At Pearson, you will be challenged in an organization that values
vision, execution, and
persistence. You will push visual designs to be cutting edge, be a
positive force on the team,
and solve complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
- Collaboratively shape visual design team process and a design
vision for our eCommerce sites
that supports the higher-level design strategy.
- Build a strong partnership with UX Director, Content Sr
Manager, and Research team.
- Partner with other disciplines such as content strategists, UX
researchers, product managers,
engineers, and more to build beautiful, usable, forward-looking
designs that delight.
- Be a strong leader with a presence in high-level management and
stakeholder meetings to align
strategies and share project milestones.
- Partner with Visual Design Manager to define design direction
and guide designers to create
elegant solutions to complex problems while always ensuring
deliverables are of the highest
- Approach an open-ended problem space with vigor, clarity,
balanced with a growth mindset
- Think holistically about the product ecosystem
- Provide leadership and mentorship for designers through the
end-to-end interaction and visual
design of products
- Be aware of user research and testing, ensure usability and
product consistency, and provide
- Responsible for all Visual Design initiatives.
- Build strong relationships with peers within Design and
- Be proactive in seeking new knowledge and connections in your
- Provide training, recognition, and career opportunities for
direct report ongoing.
- 8+ years experience in digital-related design with an online
portfolio of high-impact,
relevant work samples that showcase process and success
- 4+ years managing direct reports and cultivating a positive
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a design-related field.
Relevant work experience will also
- Strong business acumen and experience in partnering directly
with UX Product Designers,
Researchers, Product teams, and Front End Developers
- Excellent communication, self-management, organizational, and
- Highly collaborative in nature and commanding a positive
- Team player: confidence, without ego.
- Proven experience in...
- Presentation Decks
- Current design tools including Figma, Miro, Sketch, Adobe,
- Explaining design rationale concisely and effectively
- Working with design systems
- Understanding the relationship between visual, interaction,
research, product, and content
- Knowledge of current design trends
- Management and stakeholder presentation
- Design Systems
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson
provides a reasonable range of
minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado.
Actual compensation is influenced
by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set,
level of experience, and
specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the
range of starting
pay for this role is $130,000. This position is eligible to
participate in an annual incentive
program, and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More
than 20,000 Pearson employees
deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all
working towards a common purpose -
to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do
that by providing high quality,
digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments
and qualifications that help
people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We
are the world's leading
learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
We are committed to being an
anti-racist---company in everything we do. We value the power of an
inclusive culture and a strong
sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are
embraced, opportunities are
accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all
individuals are supported in reaching
their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that
diversity, equity, and inclusion make
us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the
center, and we are committed to
a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn,
grow, and thrive. ---
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive
workforce, please click
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and
a member of E-Verify. We are
committed to building a team that represents a variety of
backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All
employment is decided based on
qualifications, merit, and business need.---All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status,
or any other group protected by law.
Job: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Organization: Direct to Consumer
Req ID: 5949
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Albany , Principal Visual & Interaction Designer, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!