Bilingual Teacher Assistant (Merraine Group)
Company: Berkshire Farm Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
DescriptionJoin Our Mission The Teachers Assistant is
responsible for assisting with appropriate learning activities and
experiences designed to fulfill students potential for
intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth and enabling
students to develop competencies and skills to function
successfully in their communities. Goal of our Sheltered Hearts
Program Our goal is to provide safe and timely reunification for a
child and their family or suitable sponsor. In partnership with the
Department of Health and Human Services, the Sheltered Hearts
Program provides family reunification and short-term shelter for
children who have entered the United States without a guardian.
Children reside in our family-style cottage located on our
2,000-acre campus while our bilingual staff provide a safe and
nurturing environment for children. Job Responsibilities
- Assists classroom teacher in facilitating lesson plan
instructions to students, including 1:1 and small group assistance
- Provides input and helps facilitate social and emotional
learning components of lesson plans.
- Responsible for observing, implementing, monitoring and
completing specific reports regarding student performance and
behaviors in the classroom (i.e. Critical Incident Reports,
Reflection Reports, Daily Logs).
- Responsible for grading appropriate academic tests under the
guidance of the classroom teacher Responsible for providing
pre-crisis intervention and conflict resolution with student,
including implementing and using Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
(TCI) principles, approved behavior modification
techniques/strategies and physical restraints.
- Recommends appropriate reward and consequence outcomes for the
students behaviors, including adherence to school rules and
- Assists with facilitating of youth in dining hall and support
appropriate transition and communication of concerns to residential
- This position will comply will all federal, state and local
laws and regulations, including those or ORR, ICE and the NYS
Office of Children and Family Services. Job Requirements
- Minimum of Associates degree in education required; Bachelors
- Minimum of 1 3 years of experience in academic environment
supporting at risk students and/or special education programs.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Ability to converse in English and Spanish
- NYS Teaching Assistant Certification preferred. NYS Teaching
Assistant Certification required after 3 months from date of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Berkshire Farm Center, Albany , Bilingual Teacher Assistant (Merraine Group), Other , Canaan, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!