RN- Pediatric Office- Albany
Company: St. Peter's Health Partners
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Employment Type: Full time Shift: Day Shift Description: Nurse -
RNII - Pediatrics Office -Albany, NY - Full Time If you are looking
for an RN II position in a Pediatric Office, this could be your
opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more
people in more places. This position will be located at 400 Patroon
Creek. Position Highlights:
- Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition
allowance and career development
- Work/Life: Monday - Friday Office Hours What you will do: The
Registered Professional Nurse has the responsibility and
accountability to utilize the nursing process to diagnose and treat
human responses to actual or potential problems of individuals or
groups. The Registered Professional Nurse works within and
contributes to an environment where the St. Peter's Healthcare
Services mission is actualized, patient outcomes are achieved, and
professional practice is realized. Responsibilities:
- Brings patient to exam room, takes appropriate vital signs and
documents in electronic medical record.
- Review and update medication list to ensure accurate and
complete list in electronic medical record (EMR) available for
provider review and submission.
- Complete referrals and tracks patients' compliance.
- Review prescriptions electronically and send prescriptions to
providers for review and submission.
- Obtains patient consent for procedures as directed by
- Performs pre-visit planning and reviews quality metrics.
- Retrieves telephonic clinical information from patients who
call into the office.
- Monitors task list and completes tasks assigned by provider in
a timely manner based on urgency.
- Educates patients regarding medication, testing procedures and
home care techniques.
- Ensure proper labeling, handling and documentation for patient
- Follow up with patient regarding test results based on advice
given by provider.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment including
disinfecting patient care areas and equipment.
- In conjunction with other nursing colleagues, maintains the
medical supply cabinet and drug cabinet.
- Uses the electronic medical record to communicate
- Performs quality assurance duties as assigned.
- Provides a clinical visit summary (Patient Plan) to patient as
requested including educational materials.
- Participates in daily Patient Care huddles as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with all colleagues to ensure quality
patient care at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. What you will need:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- HS Diploma/equivalent required
- Current unencumbered NYS RN license
- Basic Life Support certification
- 6 months previous RN experience
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. Our Commitment to Diversity and
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: St. Peter's Health Partners, Albany , RN- Pediatric Office- Albany, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!