Pre Certification Coordinator
Company: Albany ENT & Allergy Services P C
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced office where your attention
to detail skills really shine? Is providing excellent customer
service something you strive for every day? If so, we have a job
you should consider! This position is responsible for verifying
patient's insurance benefits and eligibility, obtaining required
authorization, providing procedure codes and fee estimates, and
collecting prepayment from patients. The Pre Certification
Coordinator may be a hybrid or remote position for candidates
living in New York State. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor tasks and maintains information in patient chart with
status of pre-certification process; Verify receipt of all
necessary pre-authorization documents prior to procedure
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefits via phone and/or
internet access. Update insurance policy information in NextGen
system as required.
- Check insurance payment policy for scheduled procedures and
obtain prior authorization when required.
- Communicate the status of the precertification effectively with
the facility in which the procedure will be performed as
- Assign appropriate ICD10 And CPT codes pre-operatively based on
- Notify primary care physician for managed care plans that
require PCP authorization.
- Supply patients with written or verbal estimates of codes and
fees upon request.
- Communicate financial expectations and the billing process to
patients prior to their procedure.
- Collect pre-payment from the patient when necessary.
- Notify patients with past due accounts of pre-payment policy
for elective services. Collect payments from patients.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior precertification and medical coding experience
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and build
- Possess excellent customer relation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation
skills a plus
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving
skills.Albany ENT & Allergy Services is proud to offer a consistent
schedule with no weekend hours, a competitive salary, and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes health insurance,
generous paid time off, and paid holidays.If you are looking for a
new opportunity with a practice that values their employees,
believes in work/life balance, and prides itself on delivering
compassionate, patient-centered care, we encourage you to APPLY
Keywords: Albany ENT & Allergy Services P C, Albany , Pre Certification Coordinator, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!