Patient Care Associate - FlexStaff (Per Diem/Contract) (Cohen Children's MedicalCenter)
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
- Assists with the unit's admission and discharge
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships with
families/visitors and hospital staff.
- Reports vital information to all levels of the healthcare team,
- Conveys needed information to patients and visitors.
- Maintains good communication with co-workers for proper team
- Communicates pertinent patient observations to members of the
health care team.
- Performs direct patient care as assigned for designated group
- Obtains and documents patient vital signs (temperature, blood
pressure, respirations, pulse, weight, and height) using
- Apprises the Registered Nurse and health care team of any
observed significant changes in the patient's condition.
- Communicates written and verbal information.
- Responds to patient requests and/or call light.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
patients and families in accordance with hospital
- Functions in an emergency situation as a team member with
guidance from supervisory personnel.
- Assists with restrained patients according to established
- Performs grade I and II decubitus care, as directed.
- Performs activities of daily living appropriate to patient's
- Uses proper body mechanics, obtains help and/or uses
appropriate equipment when lifting, moving or transferring patients
from bed to chair, putting them on stretchers and assisting them
- Performs delegated patient care procedures.
- Obtains and labels specimens, and performs certain diagnostic
tests consistent with established procedures, as directed.
- Performs phlebotomy procedures.
- Performs telemetry and electrocardiograms, as
- Uses clinical knowledge in the care and management of patients
based on diagnoses and the unit assigned.
- Performs related duties, as required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
* Proficiency in performing EKG and Phlebotomy, required.
* Minimum one (1) year of direct patient care experience,
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Albany , Patient Care Associate - FlexStaff (Per Diem/Contract) (Cohen Children's MedicalCenter), Other , Nassau, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!