Company: SABIC Innovative Plastics US LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Explore what Matters
A career at SABIC provides you with an opportunity to leave a
lasting positive impact to the world and yourself. From excellent
health and well-being benefits to our comprehensive learning
programs. We offer a wide range of benefits and offerings that
recognize that our people have unique motivations and ambitions.
It's all about matching what matters to you with what matters to
us. Let's explore what matters!
As one of the world's largest diversified chemical companies, we
activate the power of human capital to address society's future
challenges. Through partnerships, we enable life-saving medical
innovations and help fight world hunger. We are driving the
circular economy for the benefit of communities and our planet
through sustainability initiatives, such as our TRUCIRCLE---
portfolio. Our success is built upon the collective excellence of
our 32,000 employees in 50+ countries. Our values - Inspire,
Engage, Create, and Deliver - are the foundation of our success. To
learn more about these and how we strive to Be the Impact, click
Our purpose is "Chemistry that Matters". This is what drives us to
do what we do. "Chemistry" goes beyond applying science and
technology to enhance the supply of essential materials to the
world. It is how we work, to build long-lasting relationships of
trust. "What Matters" is making a meaningful impact for the world -
through the customers and communities we collaborate with, so that
we succeed and grow together.
It is all about matching what matters to you with what matters to
us. Let us explore this together!
For an overview of our work culture and benefits, click here.
Responsible for the safe and environmentally compliant industrial
manufacturing operation of all equipment, control systems,
associated auxiliaries, and environmental compliance in an assigned
manufacturing operation, which may include chemical operations,
and/or utilities. Must have the ability and willingness to work
rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and to work
a reasonable level of scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
How You Can Be the Impact
* Conducting various physical activities and mental reasoning in
the manufacturing of plastic resin and pellet products.
* Manipulation of controls (operating a computer-controlled system
while observing production processes); and observing, correcting,
and recording instrument readings
* Performing analytical testing and/or use of laboratory
instruments relating to temperature, pressure, volume, and/or
* Lifting materials, connecting line/tank hook-ups; conducting area
housekeeping, collecting samples, operating a forklift, and
cleaning equipment are also regularly occurring duties.
* Operators are also responsible to follow applicable work
processes, communicate effectively to other teams and team members,
and complete the job specific training certification.
What Matters to SABIC
* High School Diploma, High School Job Readiness Certification, or
equivalent educational diploma
* Two years of consistent work experience (Manufacturing a plus) or
Associates degree or technical degree
* Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of
* High safety and environmental awareness
* Work well within an inclusive team environment
* Ability to communicate with team and other individuals
* Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement
* Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and professionalism
* Takes initiative and demonstrates the desire to learn and
* Intermediate level skills in problem solving, trouble shooting,
and analytical thinking
* You must submit your application for employment online to be
considered. Please submit your resume using the "Apply Now/Apply"
option on this page.
* You must be 18 years or older
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work for SABIC in the
United States on a full-time basis.
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this
position. Applicants must be regularly available and willing to
work a rotating shift schedule during assigned hours of operation
and such other hours as the company determines are necessary or
desirable to meet business needs
We are proud to be a diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We
are fully committed to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Nearest Major Market: Albany
Keywords: SABIC Innovative Plastics US LLC, Albany , Operator 3, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!