Facilities Project Coordinator
Company: NY CREATES
Posted on: January 27, 2023
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as
a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Facilities Engineering and Facilities Operations
Groups to gather input and recommendations on system design,
equipment selection and means & methods of construction, etc. for
renovation and maintenance projects.
- Drafts Request for Proposals (RFP) and develops scopes of work
(SOW). Coordinates pre-bid and pre-construction
- Supervises and coordinates the design and permit process and
work of contractors, engineers, architects, design professionals,
and other personnel as applicable. - Ensures compliance with
published construction plans and specifications. Reviews work for
compliance with contract documents.
- Monitor construction quality and progress in the field; develop
completion punch lists and drive to closure; turn over as-builts, O
& M Manuals and other project related records.
- Assures effective communication among consultants, contractors,
department heads, tenants and other stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in principles and practices of
project management and contract administration; applicable local,
state and federal laws, codes and standards related to
construction; reading blueprints and evaluation of design and
- Proficient in the operation of various computer programs
including MS Office, project management software and computerized
maintenance management systems (CMMS).
Minimum Requirements for Facilities Project Coordinator
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or Engineering with five (5)
years' experience in facilities management or project management
including experience on higher education facilities, medical
facilities, and semiconductor facilities.
- Post-secondary vocational or occupational training in related
field plus ten (10) years of direct construction project management
experience sufficient to provide the applicant with the knowledge,
skills and ability to successfully perform the essential functions
of the job will be considered.
- Experience with large, complex educational, medical, production
or semiconductor manufacturing facilities.
- PMP certification a plus for administering the various
responsibilities listed above.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to
building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are
excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't
exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you
to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for
another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement
plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Location: -257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an
Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities
and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related
to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs,
as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order
486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the
time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if
you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to
apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.
Keywords: NY CREATES, Albany , Facilities Project Coordinator, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!