Information Technology Specialist 3, Box
Company: State of New York
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 3.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 3 Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in any of the following titles: Chief Computer Operator, Information Technology Specialist 3 (Data Communications), Information Technology Specialist (Database), Information Technology Specialist 3 (Systems Programming), Information Technology Specialist 4, Information Technology Specialist 4 (Operations), or Mapping Technologist 3.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated 21 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website, which can be accessed here: https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/title-search/index.cfm.
55b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
* Experience documenting business processes for content driven enterprise websites built using Drupal 8.
* Practical experience using a programming language and the ability to solve problems using it.
* Experience with telecommunication products, more specifically Verizon Call Center.
* Strong analytical skills.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department's (NYSED) Office of Performance Improvement and Management Services (PIMS) is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 3 position in the Office of the Profession's (OP) Tech Team. Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4, the incumbent of the position will work towards the successful completion of the OP Modernization project which includes, but is not limited to, the installation, configuration and/or maintenance of a new call center solution, online customer Knowledgebase, ticketing system to track customers calls, and website redesign. The incumbent will also work with SED's Information Technology Department to gather information for mainframe conversion and the System of Record projects. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Develop scripts for the new call center software and utilize Oracle Policy Automation tools to better serve the Office of the Professions customers;
* Apply technical skills to document existing systems pertaining to OP Modernization;
* Provide recommendations for maintenance of and upgrades for OP's technology infrastructure;
* Prepare implementation plans and identify resource requirements for upgrades;
* Coordinate installation and configuration of new software releases with SED's ITS department;
* Participate in business process re-engineering discussions, document requirements to develop data conversion programs and transition processes as they relate to OP Modernization;
* Perform system design analysis, develop requirements for custom application code, create system test plans, execute user acceptance testing, and assist with end user training related to new or existing technology systems;
* Monitor operation and performance of IT computer systems, including new and existing technologies;
* Identify problems and resolve system malfunctions;
* Maintain existing IT software/hardware components and assess the need for new and revised IT software/hardware components. Work collaboratively with IT units to define and implement appropriate technical solutions; and
* Supervise, mentor and build technical skill sets of subordinate IT staff.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees' negotiating unit. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $100,342 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-586/01759) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Keywords: State of New York, Albany , Information Technology Specialist 3, Box, Other , Albany, New York
here to apply!