Manufacturing Associate - Utility Sanitation
Company: Ardent Mills
Posted on: September 13, 2018
About UsWelcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry's broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we're looking for dynamic people to join our team.The RoleThe Manufacturing Associate (Utility Sanitation) job is a 'gateway job' to a long-term career with Ardent Mills. In it, you'll learn the basics of flour milling, be responsible for sanitation and cleanliness, and learn to fill in at one or more work stations in the business.
People who successfully adapt to the work environment, job duties and safety culture of Ardent Mills will be considered for promotion into other roles as they become available in the grain elevator, mill floor, or packing lines.
Training is primarily done during the 1st (day) shift, but new employees must be willing and able to work ALL shifts and be available for occasional overtime and/or weekend work.
This work requires physical exertion, the ability to learn and follow work instructions, a good safety sense, the willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver, and a strong sense of personal accountability for all of these areas.Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for following all personnel, equipment, and food safety, HACCP, GMP, Sanitation, and Division rules, regulations, and all Safety policies.
- Responsible for mill sanitation/contamination, including but not limited to sweeping, shoveling, dust mopping, properly disposing of mill stock, trash, and feed-in stock.
- Responsible for compliance to Customer, Plant, Corporate, HACCP, Food Safety, and Sanitation requirements.
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of record keeping on Master Sanitation Schedules and IPM Work Orders.
- Responsible for communicating to supervisors and department personnel in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with coworkers, and supervisors.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, overtime, and holidays.
- Ability to handle pressure and stress.
- Ability to follow verbal and or written instructions.
- Reliable attendance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Responsible to report any issues (i.e. Chokes, leaks, odd smells, etc.) to the Head Miller or Miller on shift immediately.
Skills & Experience
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong reading comprehension, writing, math, and communication skills.
- Strong work planning, and decision-making skills.
- Analytical skills to recognize problems or potential problems.
- Interpersonal skills - communication, and team skills.
- Good decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Computer competency preferred.
OtherArdent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
CONNECT WITH US
Keywords: Ardent Mills, Albany , Manufacturing Associate - Utility Sanitation, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!