Company: Optimal Solutions and Technologies
Posted on: October 11, 2019
POSITION: IT Specialist-10190
JOB ID: 3634-RCAT - 4
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on
excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting,
Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering
services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be
externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business
knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the
aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense,
education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology &
telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen
to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our
ENGAGEMENT LENGTH IN MONTHS:
WHAT ARE THE DAILY WORK HOURS*
8:00 am to 6:00 pm
WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL WORK OFFICE LOCATED*
Alfred E. Smith Building,80 South Swan Street, Albany, NY,
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS
1. Manages ETL solutions for medium to large scale data warehouse
2. IT experience in ETL application analysis, design, development
and implementation, including: data analysis, data access, data
structures, data manipulation, data reporting solutions, database,
and technical and user documentation.
3. Act as the primary ETL technical liaison working with technical
infrastructure teams to resolve problems and implement solutions to
technical issues impacting application performance.
4. Work with the Infrastructure team to execute activities such as
performance test planning and execution failure failover planning
and execution, endurance testing and deployment planning and
5. Provide the analysis, design development, and code review
enterprise applications using JAVA/JEE, JSF, XML, XSLT and the IBM
Portal/Websphere Application development software.
6. Perform oversight of development activities which may include
data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation,
preparing logical database models, testing and implementation.
7. Prepare, and/or review technical documentation such as designs,
schemas, etc, as appropriate.
8. Provide technical guidance to team of developers.
1. 84 months experience in writing and tuning SQL scripts
including: tables, views, indexes, and complex PL/SQL objects
including: procedures, functions, triggers, and packages.
2. 84 months experience using Oracle supplied utilities including:
SQL Loader, external tables, and Oracle built in packages.
3. 84 months experience working with Oracle 10G or later.
4. 64 months experience writing technical specifications including
ETL source to target mapping documents.
5. 64 months experience developing ETL/E-LT objects including
Interfaces, Packages, Scenarios and Procedures and load strategies
for relational, Type 1, 2, and 3 slowly changing dimensions using
Oracle Data Integrator.
6. 48 months experience as a technical team lead responsible for
data warehouse ETL components architecture.
7. 48 months experience using Oracle Data Integrator or Oracle
Warehouse Builder to migrate data from various sources and targets
including databases, flat files, and XML files.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for
positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin,
age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Optimal Solutions and Technologies, Albany , IT Specialist-10190, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!