Informatics Analyst II
Company: Capital District Physicians' Health Plan, Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2020
For more than 30 years, CDPHP has been providing outstanding health
care coverage in the Capital Region of New York and beyond. Based
in Albany, NY, the physician-guided not-for-profit offers plans in
24 counties. CDPHP cares deeply about the health and well-being of
its members as well as its employees. The company values integrity,
diversity, and innovation, and its corporate culture supports those
values wholeheartedly. At CDPHP, the employees have a voice and are
encouraged to make an impact at both the company and community
levels through engagement and volunteer opportunities. CDPHP
invests in employees who share these values and invites you to be a
part of that experience.
The Informatics Analyst is responsible for supporting the business
intelligence and analysis of data and outcomes in support of
cutting-edge physician and hospital reimbursement methodologies and
programs, quality based incentive programs, and quality of care
measurement & improvement. Also responsible for providing data,
reports and analyses needed to achieve departmental and
organizational goals. The Informatics analyst utilizes multiple
analytic tools to support analytic objectives, and supports their
ongoing maintenance and effective use.
This position will be expected to query various databases (e.g.
Oracle, SQL Server), utilize Tableau to create data visualizations,
and have opportunities to work with Python, R, and Amazon Web
Services. The Analyst will also have the opportunity to work cross
functionally with other areas of Analytics to support the goals and
initiatives of the department.
* Bachelor's Degree required
* A minimum of two (2) years experience performing duties that
include: business needs assessment, data mining, report
development, design and analysis required.
* Demonstrated knowledge and ability of analytics, including but
not limited to statistical and/or financial analysis required.
* Health Insurance industry preferred.
* Strong experience with Tableau and developing dashboards
* Demonstrated analytic skill strength and ability to think
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and
* Strong written and verbal communication, organization and
planning skills required.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including
Access and Excel required.
* Demonstrated ability in the validation and corroboration of all
data analyses and deliverables required.
* Ability to effectively interpret and communicate analytic
data/results to internal and external customers (including
* Structured Query Language (SQL) or SAS programming experience
* Knowledge of healthcare claims data elements, state, federal and
regulatory requirements and/or provider payment methodologies
* Knowledge of Actuarial methods and estimation techniques
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, CDPHP will
not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant s
race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital
status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal
record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status,
status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic
violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated,
active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal
veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable
Keywords: Capital District Physicians' Health Plan, Inc, Albany , Informatics Analyst II, Professions , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!