Mechanical Piping Estimator (MEP)
Company: ENGIE North America Inc.
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Trystate Mechanical, Inc. has an immediate opening for a
Mechanical Piping Estimator located in Douglaston,NY.
ENGIE MEP Services Northeast operates from numerous locations
throughout the Northeast to service Pennsylvania, Maryland,
Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode
Island, Connecticut, and Vermont. Six companies work together as
ENGIE MEP Services Northeast, combining extensive in-house
capabilities with the latest technologies to provide integrated
energy, mechanical, and maintenance solutions. This position is
with Trystate Mechanical, Inc.
What you ll do:
* Download and print drawings and specifications
* Contact and work closely with vendors and subcontractors to
* Identify scope of work and perform detailed take-offs of HVAC
piping, plumbing, medical gas and process piping systems
* Work with construction managers and owners to provide complete
* Attend pre-bid meetings and perform site surveys
* Develop budgets for construction phase services based on progress
* Maintain cost databases
* Provide estimates for change orders
* Participate in turnover meetings to project management teams
* Additional duties as assigned
What you bring:
* Bachelor degree is preferred
* 3-5 years of estimating experience, large project,
commercial/industrial cost estimating experience.
* Proficient computer and software (e.g., Estimation, QuoteSoft,
Excel, Bluebeam, etc.) skills
* Knowledge of Estimation piping program software on-screen and
* Knowledge of MCAA WebLEM
* Ability to multi-task
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to be an effective member of a team, and be responsive to
both internal and external customers
* Sheet metal takeoff is a plus
* Ability to create conceptual estimates for design/build projects
is a plus
* Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
ABOUT TRYSTATE MECHANICAL, INC.
Trystate Mechanical, Inc. is part of ENGIE MEP Services Northeast,
a mechanical, HVAC, distributed energy, and project delivery
solutions-provider subsidiary of ENGIE North America. ENGIE MEP is
five companies with nearly 750 employees serving the Northeast
Trystate Mechanical is a premier full-service HVAC, MEP and energy
solutions contractor providing installation, upgrade, conversion
and maintenance of mechanical and energy systems throughout the
metro New York, Northern New Jersey and Southern Connecticut
markets. We are proud to be a leader in the design and installation
of energy-saving technologies such as fuel cells, cogeneration, CHP
and energy storage systems. We also have our own fabrication shop
for pipe and modular construction.
As part of the Northeasts largest energy, power and energy services
provider, ENGIE North America, we have access to all of the
financial, capital, energy commodity and technical capabilities to
develop a unique financial structure, including the power purchase
agreement, for each client, including hospitals, universities,
government and cultural institutions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status
under federal, state or local laws.
For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the
U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work
authorization with this role.
ENGIE MEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: ENGIE North America Inc., Albany , Mechanical Piping Estimator (MEP), Professions , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!