Posted on: November 23, 2020
WHO WE ARE:
US Ecology, Inc. is a leading North American provider of
environmental services.u00a0 Since 1952 we have been helping our
customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but
rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated
waste. In short, we work to protect human health and the
environment in pursuit of a sustainable future for our children and
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the
talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of
our diverse work force. The people of US Ecology are committed to
this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. US
Ecology provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and
We are currently seeking Environmental Field Technicians to join
our growing team!u00a0
To be able to work on environmental remediation and / or asbestos
projects in a supporting role. Tasks would include but may not be
limited to; basic constructions, light demolition, small machine
operating, asbestos abatement, spill response, remediation, tank
removal, tank cleanings, general industrial cleaning, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Correct completion of all job-specific, employee related
paperwork including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Driver's Logs
and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
* Ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds);
use of hand tools, power tools, bending, stooping, shoveling and
other physically demanding tasks on a daily basis.
* Ability to be use/operate basic construction tools, small
electric pumps, large fuel powered pumps, plate compactors,
trenchers, truck scales, etc.,.
* Ability to load/ unload drums, cylinders, equipment from and into
vans, flatbeds, trailers.
* Ability to perform confined space work inside tanks of varying
dimensions; involving squatting and crawling for possible extended
* Ability to assist in retrieval or cleanup of impacted
* Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English;
read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous
warning literature including site safety plans.
* The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all
vehicles for which licensed.
* Must be able to understand and comply with company and client
* Ability to perform work under sustained hours, uncomfortable
weather conditions and rough terrain.
* Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate use of
respirators as required by work zone air monitoring.
* Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
* Requires High School or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and
* Minimum 2 years' experience performing related work
(firefighting, emergency response, general construction, industrial
* Qualified employees should possess the 40-hour HAZWOPER
* Must have a valid Class "C" License (CDL preferred) and maintain
a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) that meets company policy standards.
Haz Mat endorsements preferred.u00a0
* Confined Space Entry Training, Asbestos Supervisor or Handler
certifications and CPR/First Aid Training are desirable.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance
screening process including, but not limited to, employment
verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
search as well continued verifications throughout employment to
ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
US Ecology is committed to providing equal employment opportunities
in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants
without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age,
protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any
other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal,
state and local laws.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: NRC, Albany , Environmental Technician, Professions , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!