Company: AMRI (Albany Molecular Research Inc.)
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Description Description
Production Technician in Rensselaer, NY AMRI provides global
contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical
and biotechnology industries. The Production Technician is an
integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by
weighing out chemicals and preparing various types of solutions for
use in process. Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to
excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue
excellence because our work has the power to improve patients'
lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In This Role, You Will
- Complete training's; Building specific safety, Document
training on SOP review, Production Technician Core Competency in
the Learning Management System, Site safety and emergency
notification and response procedures.
- Learn and understand common chemical terminology; Reflux,
Distillation, Azeptrope, Separations, pH, ML's, Filtration, Melting
Point, Flash point, Vapor Pressure, Density, Boiling Point, Filter
Press and Filtrate.
- Read, understand and interpret Material Safety Data
- Understand and maintain plant documentation; Batch Records,
Cleaning Protocols, Equipment Use Logs, Equipment Status Tags and
Labeling systems/Label generation.
- Learn how to; properly weigh and scale operations, review batch
records, inspect equipment, drum and package material, understand
purging, follow labeling procedures, Read and understand sampling
and analytical report forms, Use, clean and reset Niagara ceramic
and Furan box filters, calibrate ph meters, set up and charge
reactors, understand the scrubber operation and recharging,
exercise proper grounding practices, control intermediates, accept
raw materials, control finished products, use HHT's and bar code
system, conduct pressure filter operation, set up rectors for
reflux, distillation and azeotrope, use and understand pumps, use
TCM's, use manual jacket services for reactor heating and cooling,
- Follow AMRI's dress code and personal protective equipment
- Perform all duties safely in accordance with; AMRI-Rensselaer
Safety Program, guidelines outlined by Good Manufacturing Practices
for active pharmaceutical intermediates, AMRI-Rensselaer
- Learn the buildings process and recommend and implement methods
to increase the quality of products and/or service.
- Participate in self-development activities.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in
the course of business.
- External Qualifications and background to be successful in this
- Willingness to work a 7 PM -7 AM
- Willingness to train on Days
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift maximum of 50 lbs
- Advanced math skills
- Ability to follow FDA manufacturing guidelines
- Communication skills Preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of plant documentation such as
batch records, cleaning protocols, equipment use logs, equipment
status tags, and labeling systems/label generation
- Associates or Bachelor's degree
- Prior chemical experience
Primary Location: Rensselaer, NY
Schedule: Full time
Job Posting: 03/30/2021
Keywords: AMRI (Albany Molecular Research Inc.), Albany , Production Technician, Professions , Rensselaer, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!