Logistics Supervisor - Transportation
Company: Essendant Co.
Location: West Coxsackie
Posted on: June 24, 2022
- Carrier/Fleet Network Management: Provides RFP support (subject
matter expert, components), fleet utilization and optimization,
carrier compliance, claims, equipment management, resource
allocation, daily use of Fleet Management System (FMS)
/Transportation Management System (TMS), tracking metrics/KPIs,
utilizing routing tool, execution of area/region contingency plans,
creation of ad hoc contingency plans, ADOT/Warehouse Transfer,
interdivisional shuttle network, LDPs, linehauls (identification of
opportunities and execution), inbound logistics, customer service
calls, rectifying service failures, and serves as first line of
defense (solves problems and takes ownership).
- Safety/Security/Compliance: Ensures Sarbanes-Oxley compliance;
ensures that DOT requirements are adhered to, handles escalated
issues, and safeguards against hazardous materials. Identifies and
resolves daily issues at a first level, such as hazardous material
and accident investigation. Performs safety reporting.
- Customer Interaction (External): Responsible for last mile
execution (delivery and related services to customer), related
system use, consultative services, sales presentations (to local
market), procurement interaction, and daily distribution of product
to the customer.
- Tactical Execution of Key Initiatives: Leads key projects and
high performance teams at a local or area level. Drives change
within team, performs analytics, project management, and identifes
and executes business/supply chain opportunities at a local
- Business Partner/Local Business Team member: Serving as subject
matter expert, designs and implements customer logistics solutions
for multiple facilities/BUs; conducts monthly/quarterly business or
- Serves as Safety Champion within the facility striving for best
in class status while meeting or exceeding safety performance
- Manages people, processes, budgets, performance management,
compliance activities, and associate development as required by the
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership, communication, and change management
- Functional knowledge of all modes of transportation including
fleet (private and 3PL), parcel, LTL, TL, courier / mid market,
- Critical thinking, organization, and interpersonal
communication skills. Ability to communicate and persuade at
- In depth knowledge of transportation and supply chain software:
TMS, ERP, FMS systems.
- Solid understanding of regulatory issues (DOT compliance,
- Capability to influence decision-making and instill credibility
in customers, peers, and subordinates through meeting strategic and
tactical objectives, deadlines, and budgets.
- Proven ability to bring efficiency and scale to a multi-site,
multi-business unit environment.
- Metrics/KPIs: Cost as percent of sales; WOW - dollar vs.
percent; cost factor, economic profit, service levels; freight
revenue; asset utility; strategic initiative goal attainment; core
metrics/BU metrics; consumption rate; lift in sales (indirect);
margin; true cost of sale/concessions/credits, customer freight
recovery; value creation across the supply chain.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in logistics, transportation, supply chain,
or related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years managing transportation, inbound
- CDL, Class A
- Experience supervising truck drivers.
#IND123Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Essendant Co., Albany , Logistics Supervisor - Transportation, Professions , West Coxsackie, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!