Company: DPS Group Global
Posted on: August 6, 2022
DPS Group is growing our design team and looking for experienced
Electrical Designers, preferably with advanced technology project
experience. In this role, you will be an integral part of the
engineering design group, working alongside our engineering
managers, architects, and project managers in performing technical
design and specification. The Designer will work on the planning,
production and implementation of electrical engineering and life
safety systems design for our advanced technology clients.
Experience in advanced technology/semiconductor manufacturing
facilities is highly desirable.
We are currently looking for multiple production Designers and Lead
Designers. Must be located in the US and willing to work onsite
with an EST time zone schedule. Remote candidates will not be
This position will work onsite at the client project or in office
in Albany, NY. Relocation to Albany, NY will be considered for
those with related experience in semiconductor facilities and tool
install design. Qualified candidates will need to be able to
successfully pass a drug screen and background check to have access
to the project site.
- Prepare construction documents for electrical power
distribution and life safety systems used in large scale industrial
- Develop constructible packages based on client and tool vendor
provided information and templates.
- Experience surveying and documenting existing conditions and
identification of utility points of connection (POC).
- Experience in developing and following space management/routing
guidelines and rack details.
- Produce short circuit current studies/calculations based on
available facility data.
- Produce engineering drawings in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Perform construction administration and field work as required.
Prior field and installation experience a plus.
- Participate in team coordination activities with other
disciplines, sub-contractors, and Clients.
- Able and willing to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
including safety shoes, hard hats, safety glasses, fire retardant
clothing, cut-resistant gloves, and other PPE as required per the
requirements of clients' safety policies when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills And Qualifications
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience creating construction documents
for electrical power distribution and life safety systems used in
industrial manufacturing facilities. Proven experience supporting
advanced technology projects is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency of relevant CADD software programs to produce
engineering drawings; Revit/AutoCAD/BIM, along with Microsoft
Office suite. Skills assessment may be requested.
- Background in electrical engineering drafting and design
(Associates degree minimum preferred), preferably supporting
high-tech facilities projects.
- Knowledgeable with current NEC and IBC codes and
- Preferred knowledge of SKM/Easypower or other Fault Current
- High level knowledge of short circuit current analysis, breaker
coordination and voltage drop calculations.
- Team player who can work with a variety of software, projects,
and other individuals.
- Knowledge of cleanroom protocols and relevant procedures
preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation, Controls, and Life Safety
monitoring system requirements in hazardous production material
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects and work
independently. Takes ownership of assignments, can work both
independently and as part of the team.
- Strongly motivated, well organized, and shows professional
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Local candidates preferred. Will entertain relocation for
candidates with directly related experience.
- Ability to provide valid work authorization for US employment
DPS Group is a global EPCMV firm offering full-service solutions
within the Life Sciences (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and
medical technology) and Advanced Technology (semiconductor, data
center, and solar) industries. DPS is dedicated to delivering
successful projects with a 'client-first' mentality and personal
touch across a range of market sectors: Project and Program
Management, Procurement, Design, Construction Management, Health
and Safety Management, Commissioning, Qualification, and
DPS Engineering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. DPS does not discriminate in employment
opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
country, regional or local law.
Keywords: DPS Group Global, Albany , Electrical Designer, Professions , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!