Quality Control Technician (Req #: 535)
Company: Peckham Industries
Location: Hudson Falls
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Location: Hudson Falls, NY
Salary Interval: Full Time
Date Posted: 03/09/2023
Family by choice
Peckham Industries Inc. (PII) is a family-run business since 1924 and we believe our "family by choice" delivers value as the trusted supplier of construction materials, products, and services in the communities we serve. Through our extensive network of hot mix asphalt and ready-mix concrete plants, quarries, and liquid asphalt terminals, PII delivers the highest quality materials and custom solutions to thousands of road construction and road maintenance customers throughout the markets we serve. In addition, the company's construction operations include paving and road reclamation services, as well as precast/pre-stressed concrete production and erection of multi-level parking structures, specialty buildings, and bridge components.
Become part of our mission by realizing your purpose, serving our community interests, and delivering growth for our customers. Peckham Industries educates, innovates, and applies technology in a way that is safe, sustainable, inclusive, and profitable.
Job Summary :
The Quality Control Tech is a team member who guarantees continuous production and ensures our hot mix asphalt, liquid asphalt, cold mix asphalt, crushed stone, sand, and gravel are consistent with State, Federal and local specifications. On the job training is available for the right candidate.
1. Protect Family and Friends. Follow all Company Safety Policies and Procedures as well as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and guidelines. Support business activities, objectives, and programs.
2. Mastery. Reliably perform all required tests as referenced in the Procedures section of Peckham's Quality Control Program. Strive to produce the highest quality material in the most cost-effective manner
3. Transparency and Learning. Achieve and maintain familiarity with the operation of all production equipment and facilities. This is essential to be able to diagnose and correct any production deficiencies that may arise. This should include an awareness of plant maintenance schedules, plant production schedules, and a consistent dialogue with equipment operators and plant management
4. Respect and Engage. Maintain timely consistent communication with plant management so they are well informed of test results and any issues which may affect the quality of our materials.
5. Ownership and Caring. Maintain clear, concise, organized, and accurate records of all quality control testing at all production facilities. Maintain a clean, safe working environment at all production facilities and assure that all lab testing equipment is in good working order at all times.
6. Dedication. Provide support for Peckham's sales force, customers, and plant management
Requirements, Education and Experience:
1. The ideal candidate should currently hold or be willing to obtain a QCT Certification from a NYSDOT or NETTCP accredited program
2. Quality Control experience in the Asphalt and Concrete Industries is a plus
3. Have experience working hands-on in manual labor environments
4. Be comfortable using mechanical tools, equipment, and machinery
5. Have and maintain reliable transportation
6. Proficient literacy in English and computational Math; clear verbal and written communication is required for this position
7. Must be computer literate and comfortable using Word, Excel, and email
8. Work irregular hours based upon customer's needs including day, evenings, overnights, and occasional weekends
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Extensive travel throughout the serviced region to various plant and work locations by personal vehicle.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Medium Work; Exerting up to 50lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 10lbs of force constantly to move objects. This position works on or near moving mechanical parts and loud equipment. Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time as well as lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, walking, reaching, driving, and repetitive motion.
At Peckham, you will experience our values wherever you work: corporate offices, plants, quarries, or paving operations. We share a common set of values - safety, integrity, dedication, and efficiency which are embedded in how we show up every day. Ours is a culture where we protect family and friends, our word is our bond, we are committed to serve and results matter. Our values are the foundation of our growth, and we believe will pave the way for future success.
Peckham Industries, Inc. (PII) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide EEO to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, if you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peckham, please contact Recruitment@peckham.com..
Keywords: Peckham Industries, Albany , Quality Control Technician (Req #: 535), Professions , Hudson Falls, New York
here to apply!