Research & Policy Analyst
Company: Youth Research Inc
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Description:Research & Policy AnalystDelmar, NYOrganizational
OverviewYouth Research, Inc. (YRI) assists the New York State
Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) and its' state and
local partners in developing, administering, and delivering
training and learning opportunities and related activities for the
full range of services for which OCFS is responsible, such as child
welfare, juvenile justice, childcare, adoption and foster care,
youth development, and child and adult protective services.Duties
Under the supervision of the Director of Research & Policy, the
Research & Policy Analyst will play a critical role in expanding
the capacity of the Center for Excellence for Evidence-Based
Program Implementation (CfE). The Analyst will support the CfE's
mission by conducting research, data analysis, and policy
assessment to inform planning, coordination, and evaluation for the
rollout, implementation, and sustainability of key evidence-based
programs. Key programs include Motivational Interviewing (MI) and
Brief Strategic Family Therapy (BSFT) as well as EBP practices
identified within the New York State Family First Prevention
Services Act, Prevention Plan. Housed within the Strategy, Equity
and Advancement (SEA) department, the Research & Policy Analyst
will work closely with other key department staff and CfE staff.To
successfully manage these responsibilities, the Research & Policy
Analyst must possess skills that would enable them to effectively
complete the following duties:
- Serve as a content expert for projects involving child welfare
by staying current on policy, practice, and NYS initiatives.
- Work closely with the Director of Research & Policy to manage,
review, and report on large amounts of data pertaining to training,
training outcomes, and EBP fidelity.
- Conduct research including:o Write/present on review of
literature.o Construct and administer surveys. o Develop and
administer focus group protocol.o Collect, clean, and collate large
amounts of quantitative data. o Analyze both qualitative and
quantitative data for the purposes of measuring outcomes, making
strategic recommendations, discovering trends and using
visualization techniques to present recommendations.o Using various
software programs (Excel, SPSS/Stata, PowerBI, or similar software)
to manage and analyze data and display results.o Write reports for
various stakeholder groups, including summary reports, white
papers, and executive summary. o Present findings to various
stakeholder groups or at conferences
- Use research to make strategic policy recommendations.
- Support team initiatives by conducting background research,
finding and presenting relevant data sources, and serving as a
resource for other colleagues/external partners with developing
surveys/focus group protocol, analyzing data, and using data for
fidelity monitoring or continuous quality improvement (CQI).
- Maintain consistent and effective communication internally
among necessary members of Middle and Senior Management as well as
external stakeholders and partners.
- Work vertically and horizontally across the organization and
with external stakeholders and partners to help ensure coordination
and alignment on strategic project goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the Director of Research & Policy and the
Director of Development to find and apply for future funding
opportunities.Requirements:Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Social Work, Education, Nonprofit Management, Public Policy, Public
Administration, or closely related field and 6 years of
demonstrably progressive research experience OR
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a
field noted above and 4 years demonstrably progressive research
- Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a
field noted above with 2 years demonstrably progressive research
- Experience in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration
across areas of expertise.
- Knowledge of child welfare/child and family well-being systems,
the Family First Prevention Services Act, and preventive
- Well-developed analytical skills with an ability to synthesize
complex information and apply it to strategic recommendations.
- Proficiency working with SPSS/Stata/PowerBi or similar software
used for data analytics, interpretation, outcome analysis, and
statistically driven recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects and
significant amounts of data.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated ability to build and maintain
- Proven ability to manage project outcomes.
- Commitment to teamwork and proactively fostering a collegial
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
belonging with experience working with diverse groups and
- Intermediate-level computer skills required - including high
proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and project
management software. Additional InformationCandidates from diverse
backgrounds are encouraged to apply. YRI is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. YRI is committed to
ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and
workplace diversity. It is the policy of YRI to provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with
disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of
the position for which they are applying or for which they are
employed. YRI does not discriminate on the basis of disability in
its hiring or employment practices and complies with all
regulations promulgated by theU.S. Equal Employment Opportunity
Commission under title I of the ADA.Compensation details:
38.46-41.03 Hourly WagePIe0e12f652903-31181-33769405
Keywords: Youth Research Inc, Albany , Research & Policy Analyst, Professions , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!