Sterile Processing Technician - (Part-time)
Company: Aesculap Inc.
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Aesculap Inc.Requisition ID 2018-13094Company Aesculap Inc# of Openings 1Job Locations US-NY-AlbanyCategory Field ServicePosition Type Regular Part-TimeShift TBDSite AesculapOverview
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
Schedule: Part-time, per diem basis , weekends as needed
Organizes and manages on site Procedure Cost Management System (PCMS) program and inventory on a part-time, per diem basis. Responsible for reprocessing, intraoperative support and Aesculap PCMS inventory at specific site of program.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Coordinates PCMS program at a specific site
- Perform reprocessing functions
- Maintain appropriate back up inventory of instruments and supplies
- Assure all instrumentation is repaired as needed
- Assure instrument/cable quality checks are done on a routine basis
- Maintain set use records and submit per procedure statistics on a monthly basis to Manager and Sales Representative
- Provide information to Manager and Sales Representative on a routine basis or as needed
- Monitor daily activity of the PCMS sets
- Identify opportunities for PCMS program within the facility
- Organize and maintain system for ordering supplies or replacement instruments and parts
- Maintain all PCMS set documentation in instacountPLUS or other instrument management software if appropriate
- Monitor new technology being implemented in OR to determine if changes are needed in PCMS sets
- Monitor OR scheduling trends to determine any impact on PCMS Program
- Communicate frequently with department manager on site to determine if there are additional needs
- Communicate frequently with OR Staff to assure program goals are being met
- Provide intraoperative support for instrumentation as needed
- Maintain accurate instrument inventory indicating reasons for discrepancies
- Responsible for returning all inventory pulled from service to Aesculap PCMS in St. Louis
- Identifies own areas of development and seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Use appropriate forms to obtain additional instrumentation or replacement instrumentation
- Participate in presenting educational information
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports
- and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High School Diploma
- One year experience required
- Sterile Processing Certification Preferred
- Current IAHCSMM certification required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise--" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Aesculap Inc., Albany , Sterile Processing Technician - (Part-time), Professions , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!