Entry Level Structural Engineer - Transportation
Company: CHA Companies
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Transportation is the movement of people and goods between locations. Safe, efficient and effective transportation systems enable mobility and trade, both of which are essential to social and economic development, improvement and advancement.
CHA aims to enhance our nation s infrastructure, ensuring goods are shipped, safety and services provided, and the economy vitalized. Our transportation specialists plan, design, and help maintain and construct our nation s most valued infrastructure assets by providing solutions for public and private transportation owners, agencies and authorities in more than 16 states.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking an Entry Level Structural Engineer - Transportation to join our Albany, NY office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities are associated with a wide range and diverse variety of transportation projects including, but are not limited to:
* Problem evaluation, analytical solutions and geometric design development.
* Three-dimensional computer modeling, simulations and estimating.
* Development of calculations for the analysis and design of structural elements.
* Interpretation and development of specifications, standards and details.
* Field reconnaissance and data collection, in-office desktop research, and on-site inspection.
* Inspection of structural systems related to transportation and assisting with condition report development.
* CADD based plan preparation, and electronic document and file management.
* Verbal and written communications, correspondence and reports.
* Professional interaction and contribution in a collaborative team environment.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering required; Master s degree in Structural Engineering is preferred.
* Passing of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is preferred.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 0+ years of related design or construction-related experience.
* Strong structural analytic skills required; experience with designing steel and concrete structures is preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
* Proficiency with MS Office software required.
* Experience with MicroStation preferred; knowledge, familiarity or experience with Inroads design systems a plus.
* Experience with structural analysis and design software such as Leap Bridge, Merlin, STAAD, Midas a plus.
* Desire to work in a collaborative team environment with the willingness to assist mid and senior level engineers and project managers.
* Willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
* Ability to work outdoors in different weather conditions as needed for bridge inspections.
* Ability to perform moderate physical labor as needed for bridge inspections.
* Valid driver s license required.
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for our employees professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: CHA Companies, Albany , Entry Level Structural Engineer - Transportation, Professions , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!