Company: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2019
VHB s Albany office is seeking an entry-level GIS Analyst to join
our Applied Technologies team.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists,
planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients
in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy
industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and
economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs
with environmental stewardship.
- Provide mapping and analysis using ESRI s ArcMap Product line
- Work collaboratively with various members of VHB s other teams in
our 23 offices
- Provide support in configuring applications using Esri s ArcGIS
Online (Collector, Survey123, Web Maps and Web Applications),
ArcPAD, and AppStudio to support project work
- Communicate and be able to work as an individual as well as part
of a large team
- Proactively provide your own ideas and solutions to solve project
- Provide GIS technical assistance and support to other members of
- Provide time estimates for project proposals and RFPs
- Perform Quality Control tests on data entry and map deliverables
done by others
Skills and Abilities
- Must have a solid understanding of the principles and practices
of GIS and cartography
- Knowledge of working with and editing geodatabases
- Demonstrated experience developing high quality maps and data
products through a portfolio highlighting their previous work
- Demonstrated experience in applying GIS technology to
environmental, transportation or land development projects
- Experience working with Esri s ArcGIS Desktop, ArcPad, ArcGIS
Online, ArcGIS Server, and/or AutoCAD a plus
- BS in GIS, geography, cartography, planning, engineering,
computer science or a related field
- 0-3 years of experience working with the Esri product Suite
- Experience with ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop software suite
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (Microsoft
Access, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of software
- Strong Macro, Python and/or Visual Basic programming skills
- Ability to learn new skills and methods on-the-fly, troubleshoot
issues, and solve technical problems
- Experience with utility systems a plus
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual
curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our
clients and help shape the future of our communities in a
meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this
for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and
providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with
disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin Inc., Albany , GIS Analyst, Professions , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!