Senior Professional Services Consultant (ID Analytics)
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in
cybersecurity, operates one of the world s largest cyber
intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and
people to secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber
defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints,
infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families
rely on Symantec s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to
help protect their personal information, devices, home networks,
and identities at home and across their devices.
ID Analytics (a division of Symantec) is a leader in credit and
fraud risk solutions with patented analytics, validated expertise
and up-to-the-minute insight into consumer behavior. Founded in
2002, with a vision to think differently about how institutions
solve the problem of verifying consumers identities, we now tackle
a full range of identity challenges, including assessing credit
risk and improving online customer experience. Our tools help our
clients protect themselves and their customers from identity risk
and fraud. Our solutions are all powered by analytics, but it s our
access to data unseen by other bureaus that differentiates our
solutions. ID Analytics is a Symantec company.
We are looking for an experienced Professional Services Consultant
to join our team.
Reporting to the VP Sales & Consulting, the Professional Services
Consultant is the primary, technical point of contact throughout
the sales cycle and product implementation process. The Consultant
will be the subject matter expert for all IDA products and will be
responsible for understanding client needs and matching them to
solutions using IDA s products. Professional Services Consultants
work collaboratively with various departments across the
organization to support the sale of ID Analytics solutions. This
individual will also be responsible for coordinating resources
across several functional areas. In addition, the Professional
Services Consultant will provide leadership and mentoring to other
members of the Professional Services team as well as work with
other senior employees across the organization in ensuring our
products are at the forefront of the industry.
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
PROVEN OVER-ACHIEVER: Projects you have led have exceeded
SERVICE ORIENTED: You are adept at communicating to a wide range of
people and enjoy providing quality service.
SELF-STARTER: You can stand on your own as the point person while
resolving an issue.
EFFECTIVE: You ensure projects are completed on-time, to-budget,
with the highest technical expertise and professionalism while
maximizing customer satisfaction.
AMBITIOUS: You are excited about joining a growing, innovative
company where you can make a significant difference.
MOBILE: You don t mind traveling around as needed to get the job
done. This position will require about 30% travel.
* Serves as the day-to-day technical expert on external and
internal projects and engagements.
* Participates in business development activities, including the
presentation of products and solutions to prospective clients, the
preparation of statements of work (SOW s) and pricing.
* Lead meetings with project stakeholders to align resources and
determine relative priority of projects to maximize business
* Work with senior decision-makers using cutting-edge technology to
solve significant business problems.
* Funnel concepts for product innovation to product managers.
* Provides project leadership and mentoring to other team
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree in business administration, engineering, math,
economics, computer science or other relevant field. MBA or Master
s degree is preferred.
* Ten or more years of professional work experience with at least
seven years of experience managing projects with multiple team
* Seven years or more experience working as a professional services
consultant, project management, customer management or sales
* Prior experience in the financial services or wireless
* Prior experience conducting credit/fraud risk management
* Experience in business process re-engineering practices and
* Excellent working knowledge of technology and technology
development components including databases, programming,
languages/environments, web standards, open source, process
mapping, Agile/Scrum, etc.
* Ten or more years in credit underwriting, credit score
development, and / or the usage of credit scoring products or
models in a lending environment is preferred.
* Proficiency with FCRA, ECOA, GLBA, and other lending regulations
* Excellent Organizational and Project Management Capabilities
* Demonstrated experience leading enterprise-level engagements
dealing with analytics, technology, and/or enterprise software.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects
and deliver results in a timely manner.
* Excellent Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
* Demonstrated ability to negotiate resources and priorities with
multiple stakeholders in order to drive business results.
* Serve as a bridge between technical and non-technical
* Operates effectively in a highly cross-functional, matrixed
* Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
* Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate with team members, executives
* Expert at building presentations with clear, complete
* Ability to synthesize complex statistical observations into clear
results and concrete recommendations (both verbally and in
* Expert Technical Experience in the following areas:
* Microsoft PowerPoint
* Microsoft Excel
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible
environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based
on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race,
color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including
childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information,
disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military
or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by
federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful
discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to
recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest
and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or
in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about
EEO is the law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation
are protected under Federal law from discrimination. See the EEO
poster and supplement.
Keywords: Symantec, Albany , Senior Professional Services Consultant (ID Analytics), Professions , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!