PT Meat Market Seafood Sales Assoc
Company: Hannaford Supermarkets
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Address: USA-NY-Cairo-223 Main Street
Store Code: Store 08415 MEAT (7249625)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in
Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those
early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers
and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only
local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and
local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods
is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major
supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood
products were sustainably harvested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Comply with all company policies, procedures, and government
* Meet all applicable productivity guidelines.
* Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
* Develop product knowledge in all areas of the meat/seafood
department including cooking procedures.
* Assist in special projects and perform other functions as
assigned by supervisor.
* Assist in training of other associates when assigned.
* Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times;
comply with company personal appearance policy.
* Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the
* Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed
equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free
from debris and safety hazards.
* Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety
* Maintain the quality of department's appearance and
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Effective communication, customer service, and selling
* Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and
technical requirements of the job.
* Must meet minimum age requirements.
* Lift cases weighing 50lb. frequently and 100 lb. on occasion.
* Meet established volume activity standards.
* Stand or walk 100% of the time while working in temperatures of
45 degrees F the majority of the time.
* Perform repetitive grasping, twisting, reaching, bending, and
hand/arm motions as the product is identified, wrapped, priced and
* Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with
cleaning materials, packaging materials and meat/seafood
* Use hands continuously to feel objects, and use tools and
equipment to cut and prepare meat and seafood products.
* Provide outstanding customer service. Communicate with and assist
customers in selection of product.
* Identify, wrap, price, and weigh all meat department items in
accordance with specified procedures outlined by standard
* Cut, filet and display seafood. Process merchandise properly,
paying careful attention to rotation of products according to
* Stock the fresh, frozen, and self-service cases using proper
* Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise,
preparation of food products or setting up displays etc.
* Assist meat cutters by scraping and traying products, cubing
steaks, and grinding ground meats.
* Receive any meat/seafood delivery, code, rotate, and put in
appropriate storage area.
* Wash, rinse and sanitize all cases, wrap stations/area, scaling
equipment, cooler, cutting room, including disassembling and
re-assembling equipment therein.
* Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position,
with or without reasonable accommodations.
Salary range is between $15.90 - $21.60 Hrly
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all
associates and applicants for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 352426_external_USA-NY-Cairo_11162023
Keywords: Hannaford Supermarkets, Albany , PT Meat Market Seafood Sales Assoc, Sales , Cairo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!