Automotive Sales/Dealership Consultant
Company: GP Strategies
Posted on: October 12, 2019
AUTOMOTIVE SALES/DEALERSHIP CONSULTANT
GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance
improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions,
management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies
solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering
innovative and superior training, consulting and business
improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its
clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing,
process and energy industries, and other commercial and government
GP Strategies engages a wide variety of professionals to design,
develop, and deliver performance improvement for Automotive
We currently have a need for an Automotive Digital Retailing
Systems (DRS) Platform Adoption Consultant for a leading import
OEM. This (DRS) Consultant will work alongside a platform provider
to adapt and transform dealer operations to support an omnichannel
purchase experience with the goal of enhancing the overall consumer
purchase/lease experience. This Consultant will work within a
regional territory and provide consulting services both
in-dealership and market-based settings. This position requires a
well-prepared professional who has a track record of understanding
how a technology change can impact the organization and can provide
guidance on how best to execute key organizational changes.
Equally, this candidate must be able to recognize when a dealership
team or team member needs additional information, coaching, or
support, and provide that support as needed to achieve
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits.
The ideal candidate brings the following skills and experience:
* 6+ years automotive retail sales process implementation,
consulting and management experience
* OEM, vendor/supplier or retail senior management comparable
* Foundational understanding of F&I products and process
* Understanding of future automotive retailing landscape and a
desire to affect positive change in the industry
* Working knowledge of lead generation tools, CRM, inventory
management and DMS platforms
* Outstanding ability to initiate and maintain strong working
relationships with OEM/dealer personnel.
* Ability to consult on organizational structure, job role
definition, and compensation models
* Competency in basic performance consulting tools such as SWOT,
Root Cause Analysis, Process Mapping and Action Plans
* Ability to recognize opportunities where others see
* Excellent facilitation, presentation, coaching and communication
* Experience in group and one-on-one performance coaching and
* Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus
* Solid computer literacy, time management and scheduling
* Highly polished professional appearance and demeanor
* Ability to travel throughout assigned territory up to 80%
including overnight stays
* High School Diploma and 6 years relevant experience
* College degree preferred (Associates, Bachelors or Military
Light Work Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects. Light work involves sitting
most of the time.
Reaching, sitting, driving, standing, stooping, lifting, walking,
fingering(typing), grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive
May require close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, view
computer monitor, and read.
May require visual acuity to view surroundings and identify
potential hazards to safety while performing essential functions of
May need to view presentation screens and other visual aids in a
classroom or other client setting.
Visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle.
General Working Conditions:
Both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
Must be able to satisfy requirements for background check, MVR and
Must currently reside or be willing to relocate to the Albany, NY
area. No relocation is offered with this position.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Keywords: GP Strategies, Albany , Automotive Sales/Dealership Consultant, Sales , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!