Aircraft Powertrain Repairer (15D)
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: May 7, 2021
If you enjoy working with engine mechanics, join the Army
National Guard as an Aircraft Powertrain Repairer. You will
inspect, service, and repair powertrain systems on Army planes and
helicopters to ensure that they remain safe and ready to fly
transport, patrol, and flight training missions.
* Repair powertrain quills, transmission adapting parts, rotary
wing hubs, and tanks
* Disassemble, repair, reassemble, adjust, balance, and align
* Maintain facilities for storage of flammable and hazardous
* Prepare requests for turn-ins and repair parts
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Repair of hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
* Engine disassembly, inspection, and repair
* Repair of aluminum, steel, and fiberglass airframes/coverings
* Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
* Ability to use hand and power tools
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience
to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial
airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the
Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while
earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition
Job training for Soldiers in the Aircraft Powertrain Repairer
specialty consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, plus 18
weeks of Advanced Individual Training. During this time, you will
learn essential Soldiering skills and refine your aircraft repair
abilities in the field and the classroom.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Albany , Aircraft Powertrain Repairer (15D), Other , Latham, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!